Bulk Check (module for Omeka S)
IMPORTANT: This module is deprecated and has been replaced by the module Easy Admin and won’t be updated any more. The upgrade from it is automatic.
New versions of this module and support for Omeka S version 3.0 and above are available on GitLab, which seems to respect users and privacy better than the previous repository.
Checks and fixes that are doable:
- list files in the file system (original and thumbnails), but not in the database
- remove useless files in the files directory (moved to files/check)
- list files in the database, but not in the file system (for original and thumbnails)
- copy original files from a directory, for example after a disk crash or an inadvertent deletion; files are copied via the hash, and they can be anywhere in the directory or in subdirectories of the source path.
- rebuild derivative files
- remove empty directories in file system (original and thumbnails, mainly for module Archive Repertory)
- check and update file size of media (required to fix Omeka installed before Omeka 1.2 (omeka/omeka-s#1257), or after a hard update of files)
- check and fix sha256 hashes of files
- check and fix positions of media (start from 1, without missing number)
- check and stop dead jobs (living in database, but non-existent in system)
- check the size of the database table of sessions and remove them
- check the size of the database table of logs and remove them
- check and fix the encoding (iso-8859 to utf-8) of resource values and page contents
See general end user documentation for installing a module.
- From the zip
Download the last release BulkCheck.zip from the list of releases, and
uncompress it in the
- From the source and for development
If the module was installed from the source, rename the name of the folder of
the module to
Go to the menu "Bulk Check", select your process, set your options if needed, and click the submit buttons. The results are available in logs currently.
- Output results as tsv (
/files/check/tsv_date_time.tsv) as BulkExport or in a table (done for missing file; to do for all processors).
- Check files with the wrong extension.
- Add width/height/duration as data for image/audio/video to avoid to get them each time (ready in modules Iiif Server and Image Server).
- Remove old logs.
- A main cleaning task.
Use it at your own risk.
It’s always recommended to backup your files and your databases and to check your archives regularly so you can roll back if needed.
See online issues on the module issues page on GitLab.
This software is governed by the CeCILL license under French law and abiding by the rules of distribution of free software. You can use, modify and/ or redistribute the software under the terms of the CeCILL license as circulated by CEA, CNRS and INRIA at the following URL "http://www.cecill.info".
As a counterpart to the access to the source code and rights to copy, modify and redistribute granted by the license, users are provided only with a limited warranty and the software’s author, the holder of the economic rights, and the successive licensors have only limited liability.
In this respect, the user’s attention is drawn to the risks associated with loading, using, modifying and/or developing or reproducing the software by the user in light of its specific status of free software, that may mean that it is complicated to manipulate, and that also therefore means that it is reserved for developers and experienced professionals having in-depth computer knowledge. Users are therefore encouraged to load and test the software’s suitability as regards their requirements in conditions enabling the security of their systems and/or data to be ensured and, more generally, to use and operate it in the same conditions as regards security.
The fact that you are presently reading this means that you have had knowledge of the CeCILL license and that you accept its terms.
- Copyright Daniel Berthereau, 2019-2021 (see Daniel-KM on GitLab)