Contribute (module for Omeka S)
New versions of this module and support for Omeka S version 3.0 and above are available on GitLab, which seems to respect users and privacy better than the previous repository.
Access to the contribute and to the edit page may be controlled by a token, that you can send to your users, or to users only (in particular guest users), or to anybody.
WARNING: The feature "Correction" is not available in version 188.8.131.52, so use a version before or after to use it.
The module uses the module Advanced Resource Template in order to manage the forms and the properties that the users can edit or fill, so it should be installed first. Install the optional module Generic (version >= 3.3.28) too if wanted.
See general end user documentation for installing a module.
- From the zip
Download the last release Contribute.zip from the list of releases, and
uncompress it in the
- From the source and for development
If the module was installed from the source, rename the name of the folder of
the module to
- Configure the main settings, in particular the contribution mode.
- Configure the resource templates to select the properties to be edited or filled.
- For the resources without template, configure the properties to edit by default in the main parameters.
- If the contribute mode requires token:
- Create one or more tokens for the resources you want to edit via the link in the sidebar of a resource or the bulk process dropdown at the top of the resource browse pages.
- Send emails to your users with the tokens, so they can edit or complete metadata of the resources.
- Else a link is displayed on the item page if enabled in the theme or via the module Blocks Disposition.
- Go to the resource page of the edited items and apply changes, or decline them. Contributes can be marked as reviewed and token can be made expired.
- Reintegrate features for corrections in version 184.108.40.206+.
- Store the site in the contribution.
- Store the ip and some data to check anonymous contribution (see module Contact Us).
- Make the token optional (allow anybody to edit; review all rights).
- Manage the fillable fields with a language, so it will simplify validation of translation (use advanced resource template).
- Finalize value resources.
- Finalize select for resources (dynamic api query via chosen-select).
- Create an admin browse page with all contributes.
- Remove the fallback contribution settings to simplify config and move all settings to advanced resource template.
- Check process when the resource template is updated (required, max values, editable, fillable…).
- Remove requirement for Advanced Resource Template: only list of editable and fillable properties may be needed (or make them all editable/fillable).
- Remove the "@" in internal proposition values.
- Add the elements via the form, not only via view.
- Add resource via token (only edition currently).
- Clarify add/edition resource for correction.
- Dynamic select for resource (without custom vocab).
- Add pagination in guest contribution list.
- Require only on submit for new contribution?
- Improve lang management.
- Allow to create subresource in the main form (author). Require check.
Use it at your own risk.
It’s always recommended to backup your files and your databases and to check your archives regularly so you can roll back if needed.
See online issues on the module issues page on GitLab.
This software is governed by the CeCILL license under French law and abiding by the rules of distribution of free software. You can use, modify and/ or redistribute the software under the terms of the CeCILL license as circulated by CEA, CNRS and INRIA at the following URL "http://www.cecill.info".
As a counterpart to the access to the source code and rights to copy, modify and redistribute granted by the license, users are provided only with a limited warranty and the software’s author, the holder of the economic rights, and the successive licensors have only limited liability.
In this respect, the user’s attention is drawn to the risks associated with loading, using, modifying and/or developing or reproducing the software by the user in light of its specific status of free software, that may mean that it is complicated to manipulate, and that also therefore means that it is reserved for developers and experienced professionals having in-depth computer knowledge. Users are therefore encouraged to load and test the software’s suitability as regards their requirements in conditions enabling the security of their systems and/or data to be ensured and, more generally, to use and operate it in the same conditions as regards security.
The fact that you are presently reading this means that you have had knowledge of the CeCILL license and that you accept its terms.
- Copyright Daniel Berthereau, 2019-2022 (see Daniel-KM on GitLab)
First version of this module was done for Université de Paris-Saclay. Improvements were done for Enssib and for the site used to do the deposit and the digital archiving of student works (Dante) of the Université de Toulouse Jean-Jaurès.