Correction (module for Omeka S) [archived]
Correction is a module for Omeka S that allows visitors to correct, complete or translate metadata of the resources without access to the admin board. Access to the edit page may be controlled by a token, that you can send to your users.
This module requires the module
Generic (version >= 3.0.16) installed first.
See general end user documentation for installing a module.
- From the zip
Download the last release
Correction.zip from the list of releases, and
uncompress it in the
- From the source and for development
If the module was installed from the source, rename the name of the folder of
the module to
- Configure the resource templates to select the properties to be corrected or filled.
- For the resources without template, configure the properties to correct by default in the main parameters.
- Create one or more tokens for the resources you want to correct via the link in the sidebar of a resource or the bulk process dropdown at the top of the resource browse pages.
- Send emails to your users with the tokens, so they can correct or complete metadata of the resources.
- Go to the resource page of the corrected items and apply changes, or decline them. Corrections can be marked as reviewed and token can be made expired.
- Make the token optional (allow anybody to edit).
- Manage the fillable fields with a language, so it will simplify validation of translation.
- Finalize value resources.
- Finalize select for resources (dynamic api query via chosen-select).
- Create an admin browse page with all corrections.
Use it at your own risk.
It’s always recommended to backup your files and your databases and to check your archives regularly so you can roll back if needed.
See online issues on the module issues page on GitHub.
This software is governed by the CeCILL license under French law and abiding by the rules of distribution of free software. You can use, modify and/ or redistribute the software under the terms of the CeCILL license as circulated by CEA, CNRS and INRIA at the following URL "http://www.cecill.info".
As a counterpart to the access to the source code and rights to copy, modify and redistribute granted by the license, users are provided only with a limited warranty and the software’s author, the holder of the economic rights, and the successive licensors have only limited liability.
In this respect, the user’s attention is drawn to the risks associated with loading, using, modifying and/or developing or reproducing the software by the user in light of its specific status of free software, that may mean that it is complicated to manipulate, and that also therefore means that it is reserved for developers and experienced professionals having in-depth computer knowledge. Users are therefore encouraged to load and test the software’s suitability as regards their requirements in conditions enabling the security of their systems and/or data to be ensured and, more generally, to use and operate it in the same conditions as regards security.
The fact that you are presently reading this means that you have had knowledge of the CeCILL license and that you accept its terms.
- Copyright Daniel Berthereau, 2019-2020 (see Daniel-KM on GitHub)
First version of this module was done for Université de Paris-Saclay.