Ansible ELK Playbook
This playbook is for setting up version 5.x of the ELK Stack on a remote server.
Notes and requirements
- The playbook was built and tested on Ubuntu 16.04 VMs, for ELK versions 5.x
- You will need Ansible installed and running
- Playbook is currently configured to set up the ELK stack together with Metricbeat for server perf monitoring. There is a role for Filebeat as well. You just need to add the Filebeat role to your site.yml file.
- Edit your Ansible hosts file ('/etc/ansible/hosts') and add an 'elkservers' entry for the server you wish to install ELK on. You can of course name the host any way you want, this is just an example.
- Verify connectivity to the ELK server.
- In the terminal on the machine hosting Ansible, clone this repo.
- Cd into the directory, and run:
The plays in the playbook will run on the target server, installing ELK and the specified beats shippers.