Hazel Networking is a low-level networking library for C# providing connection orientated, message based communication via TCP, UDP and RUDP.
Its aim is to provide a standardized interface for web communication so that using and switching between protocols is incredibly simple.
- TCP, UDP, Reliable UDP and (at some point) Web Sockets
- Completely thread safe
- All protocols are connection oriented (similar to TCP) and message based (similar to UDP)
- Standardised interface so that all protocols can be used interchangeably with each other
- IPv4 and IPv6 support
- Automatic statistics about data passing in and out of connections
- Designed to be as fast and leightweight as possible
Hazel is currently in beta; things should (but might not) work!
HTML documentation, tutorials and quickstarts are available on the DarkRift Website here; support is available through email or alternatively Hazel has a thread on the Unity forum where you'll also find updates and other news.
If you want to make improvements, do so! If you find bugs, raise issues!
To build Hazel open solution file using your favourite C# IDE (I use Visual Studio 2015) and then build as you would any other project.