SpiderRT lets you search for specific terms across multiple code base repositories, regardless of their language.
Useful for knowing what projects may be using a certain database table, method in a shared library, etc.
Future plans include:
- Proper tests!
- Make the indexing/VCS polling code a service that'll run periodically
- Handle file deletions from Solr when they're deleted from the code repository
- Support multiple VCS providers (SVN, Hg, etc)
- Show relevant line from file match and highlight the search term in the web UI
- Ability to save searches that are then exposed via a RESTful URL (so tests you write can get that data and throw up a failing build if unallowed searches crop up again)
- Ability to import VCS roots from at least TeamCity, possibly Jenkins too
- Speed improvements (only re-indexing updated files rather than all of them, etc.)
- More complete website UI that lets you set VCS roots & file/directory indexing exclusions, looks prettier, etc.
- Provide the option of an embedded RavenDB instance so it doesn't require a separate instance
- Ensure the whole stack can run on Mono
- Index commit messages and make them searchable
- More advanced search functionality (look ahead/behind, only certain file types, etc.)
- Easier deployment story