Dart Code extends VS Code with support for the Dart programming language, and provides tools for effectively editing, refactoring, running, and reloading Flutter mobile apps, and AngularDart web apps.
- Edit and Debug Flutter mobile apps (launch using
- Edit and Debug Dart command line apps (launch using
- Automatic hot reloads for Flutter
- Refactorings and Code fixes (lightbulb)
- Quickly switch between devices for Flutter
- Flutter Doctor command
- Flutter Get Packages command
- Flutter Upgrade Packages command
- Automatically gets packages when
- Automatically finds SDKs from
- Notification of new stable Dart SDK releases
- Sort Members command
- Support for debugging "just my code" or SDK/libraries too (
- Prompts to get packages when out of date
- Syntax highlighting
- Code completion
- Realtime errors/warnings/TODOs
- Documentation in hovers/tooltips
- Go to Definition
- Find References
- Rename refactoring
- Format document
- Support for format-on-save (
- Support for format-on-type (
- Workspace symbol search
- Document symbol search
- Organize Imports command
- Pub Get Packages command
- Pub Upgrade Packages command
- Type Hierarchy
A full list of settings is available here.
Frequently Asked Questions
A list of frequently asked questions is available here.
A list of useful key bindings is available here.
Refactorings and Code Fixes
A full list of supported refactors is available here.
This extension reports some analytics such as:
- Extension load and analysis times
- Whether you have disabled some settings (such as showing TODOs in Problems Window or Closing Labels)
- Frequency of use of features like Hot Reload, Hot Restart and Open Observatory
- Crashes in the Dart analysis server
- Platform and Dart/Flutter SDK versions
Reporting can be disabled via the
For full release notes, see the changelog.