Dart Code extends VS Code with support for the Dart programming language, and provides tools for effectively editing, refactoring, running, and reloading Flutter mobile apps.
Dart Code can be installed from the Visual Studio Code Marketplace or by searching within VS Code.
- Edit and Debug Flutter mobile apps (launch using
- Edit and Debug Dart command line apps (launch using
- Automatic hot reloads for Flutter
- Refactorings and Code fixes (lightbulb)
- Quickly switch between devices for Flutter
- Flutter Doctor command
- Flutter Get Packages command
- Flutter Upgrade Packages command
- Automatically gets packages when
- Automatically finds SDKs from
- Notification of new stable Dart SDK releases
- Sort Members command
- Support for debugging "just my code" or SDK/libraries too (
- Prompts to get packages when out of date
- Syntax highlighting
- Code completion
- Realtime errors/warnings/TODOs
- Documentation in hovers/tooltips
- Go to Definition
- Find References
- Rename refactoring
- Format document
- Support for format-on-save (
- Support for format-on-type (
- Workspace symbol search
- Document symbol search
- Organize Imports command
- Pub Get Packages command
- Pub Upgrade Packages command
- Type Hierarchy
A full list of settings is available here.
Frequently Asked Questions
A list of frequently asked questions is available here.
A list of useful key bindings is available here.
Refactorings and Code Fixes
A full list of supported refactors is available here.
This extension reports some analytics such as:
- Extension load and analysis times
- Version numbers for the Dart/Flutter extensions and SDKs
- The values of some settings (such as Flutter UI Guidelines and Format-on-Save)
- Frequency of use of features like Hot Reload and Hot Restart
Reporting can be disabled via VS Code's standard Telemetry: Telemetry Level setting.
For full release notes, see the changelog.