Welcome to Ex Machinis
Ex Machinis is an online multiplayer space simulation designed to expose players to programming and robotics. In the game, which takes place against the backdrop of our real-time solar system, players program remotely piloted spacecraft to mine, manufacture, and trade goods and services.
The game uses augmented reality to project a parallel universe upon our own. In the game's re-imagined post-war history, world leaders embraced space exploration and colonization as a means of protecting mankind form the global threats that emerged in the wake of the second world war.
Depending on your interests, the following documents provide further details on various aspects of game-play, game mechanics, and system administration.
- The Player's Manual tells you how to start playing Ex Machinis and progress to more advanced game-play.
- The FORTH Dictionary defines all the core functions that are available to each of the drone.
- The Game Design Manual detailes the inner workings of the Ex Machinis and servers as the blueprints for game development.
- The Web Design Manual lays out the objectives, principles, and funcional page designs of the Ex Machinis website, which we are just beginning to develop.
About Our Team
Ex Machinis is being developed and managed by Darwin River Software LLC with support from a number of tallented developers.
- Darwin River Software LLC is a small software studio that was established to support the creation of engaging educational application. The organization is built on an open soruce model in which contributions from patrons, sponsors, and committed developers, are used to guide and support the creation of free educational software. Ex Machinis is our effort to create a multiplary space similation that encourages and inspires the development of fundamental programing skills as tool for success.
- Current Developers: David Rozak, Carlos Rodriguez Nuñuez, Fernando Rivas
Our Awesome Sponsors
This game relies on our generous Patreon sponsors for feedback, encouragement, and support. We wouldn't be here without them!
- Rodney Bonner
- Epoch Nine
- Radical Wave
- Jason Starttraveler
- Simon Jones
- Joachim Duquesne
- Dennis Schlueter
- Jörg Reisig