Mission Impossible Coding: Minimal, Universal TCP Connect Preflight Check
- Mission Impossible Code = Get the job done every time.
- Minimal = Smallest amount of code to get the job done (yes this creates friction with "Universal").
- Universal = Works on most possible editions / versions of the target environment.
- Universal = Frequently provided as both Bash and PowerShell.
- Universal = In this case the bash works on Linux and Windows and the PowerShell works on Linux and Windows.
Checkout the Mission Impossible Coding Blog series that this code is a part of:
Related Mission Impossible Code and Philosophy
Back to Basics: Testable Reference Pattern Manifesto (With Testable Sample Code) - Mission Impossible Code samples are intended to be both 1) usable directly for production use and 2) a top notch pattern to use for your own innovation.
PowerShell Version (Windows and Linux)
- PowerShell 5.1 on Windows 10
- PowerShell Core 188.8.131.52 on Windows 10
- PowerShell Core 6.2.1 on Amazon Linux 2 in Docker on Windows 10
- PowerShell on Azure CloudShell
Bash Version (Windows and Linux)
- Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS in WSL on Windows 10
- Amazon Linux 2 in Docker on Windows 10
- Bash on Azure CloudShell