Q Cloud or Localhost
A developer can communicate with a Q device via a cloud or a local (desktop) API. Both API are compatible.
This is the case where a script connect to a public Q API in the cloud. Das Keyboard Q cloud will communicate with the Q desktop installed on the computer and will communicate with connected Q enabled devices.
- Signal propagation: about 20 seconds (to be improved)
- Internet Accessibility
- Integration with IFTTT etc
- OAuth credential requirement
- Messages can be viewed in Q Signal Centre https://qapp.daskeyboard.com/signals
- Mobile app can see signals
A script can communicate directly to the Q desktop API on port 27301. The Q desktop will then communicate with the Q enabled device.
- Signal propagation: < 1s
- Commands can only be sent locally to http://localhost:27301
- No credential requirement
- Not reliant on Q Cloud, useful if Q Cloud is down or performing maintenance
- Can be used offline
- Privacy – Signals are not stored on the Q cloud database
- Messages will not appear in Q Signal Centre - https://qapp.daskeyboard.com/signals
- Mobile apps will not see these signals