Excellence in DASH and Best PhD Dissertation Awards @ ACM MMSys 2019
In conjunction with ACM MMSys 2019, being held in Amherst, MA, USA, June 18 - 21, 2019, the DASH Industry Forum is proud to announce multiple awards and host a discussion/networking session during the conference.
DASH Industry Forum Excellence in DASH Award
This award offers a financial prize for those papers which best meet the following requirements:
- Paper must substantially address MPEG-DASH as the presentation format
- Paper must be selected for presentation in the main conference, special sessions, or co-located workshops at ACM MMSys 2019
- Preference is given to practical enhancements and developments that can sustain future commercial usefulness of DASH
- DASH format used should conform to the DASH-IF Interoperability Points as defined by http://dashif.org/guidelines/
- dash.js should be used https://github.com/Dash-Industry-Forum/dash.js
Three levels of prize are awarded:
- First place – $1000
- Second place – $500
- Third place – $250
Winners are chosen by a DASH Industry Forum appointed committee and results are final. If papers of sufficient quality are not received, then some or all of the awards may not be granted. The competition is open to any individual, commercial or academic institution. No preference is given to DASH-IF members and membership is not required in order to participate in the competition.
How to enter:
For your paper to be considered for the competition, please check the checkbox labelled “DASH Award” on the submission page.
DASH Industry Forum Best PhD Dissertation Award on Algorithms and Protocols for Adaptive Content Delivery over the Internet
DASH Industry Forum calls for nominations for the "Best PhD Dissertation Award on Algorithms and Protocols for Adaptive Content Delivery over the Internet." The deadline for nominations is June 1st, 2019. The winner will be awarded $500.
The winner is chosen by a DASH Industry Forum appointed committee. All dissertations within the scope that have been successfully defended during the three calendar years prior to the nomination deadline are eligible for consideration. Dissertations must be written in English.
How to enter:
The member student’s advisor or the scholar most familiar with the student's research must send the nomination. Nominations must be sent via email to Christian Timmerer with the title "Dissertation Award Nomination" in the subject line. The deadline for the submission is June 1st, 2019.
The nomination letter should be written in English and it should include the following information:
- The title and abstract of the dissertation
- The name of the candidate and his/her primary advisor
- The name of the institution where the dissertation was defended
- The date of the dissertation defense
- A two page summary of the significance of the dissertation research that explains the precise nature and merits of the work
- An electronic copy of the full dissertation in pdf format
- A list of publications produced from the dissertation work