The Roads-API framework
Roads-API is a framework for easily building REST APIs.
Why should I use Roads-API?
- Roads-API makes it incredibly easy to build a REST API without having to learn all the details about REST APIs.
- Roads-API focuses on being standards compliant, and cleanly, automatically supporting as many standards as possible, so your clients can use the features they need
- Roads-API focuses foremost on providing an easy onboarding experience for new API builders. The pattern we have employed gives you clear, well defined locations for all of your business logic, and we handle the rest.
What do you mean by REST?
The term REST has taken on many different meanings, so let's break down what it means for this framework.
- We follow the constraints specified in Fielding's dissertation
- We attempt to support as many web RFCs as possible (specifically those that apply to APIs)
- If we can not by default support an RFC, we will attempt to provide is as an optional add on
Create your Resource
Create your Representation
Attach your Representation to your Resource
Define your Resource Actions
Attach your Resource to the Router
|Name||RFC||How to use|
- Finish the docs
- JSON Hyper-Schema init system
- Easy Hypermedia controls
- Simpler JSON representation
- Better JSON schema parsing