Using DQC Rules with Arelle - from the GUI
Initial setup for the DQC Rules xule plugin
- Open the Arelle program.
- Choose the "Help" menu and select "Manage plug-ins" to verify the "DQC Rules Validator" is listed.
- If DQC Rules Validator is not listed:
- Use the "Select" button to bring up teh "Select Plug-in Module" dialog.
- Select the the "DQC.py" file (under "Validate"). Next to the file, the name will appear as "DQC Rules Validator". Click on "Ok".
- The "Select Plug-in Module" will close. On the "Plug-in Manager" dialog click on "Close".
- When the dialogue box appears requesting a program restart, choose "Yes".
- Choose the "Tools" menu and "Validation" and confirm there is a check mark for "DQC Rules". If not, select this item from the menu.
Checking a filing with DQC Rules
- Choose the "File" menu and either "Open file" or "Open Web" to select an XBRL .zip file from local computer or SEC EDGAR system.
- Select the .xml file (instance document) from the view of the contents of the .zip.
- After the instance has rendered in Arelle, choose the "Tools" >> "Validation" menu and select "Validate".
- Monitor the "messages" window at the bottom of Arelle, to see [DQC] Starting DQC validation - xxx.xml appears.
- After the message [DQC] Finished DQC validation - xxx.xml appears, review any error messages. The results can be saved by selecting the messages window (right-click on a Windows PC) and choosing "Save to file".
See also from a command prompt for advanced configuration options.