Switch Connections between Apache Cassandra™ and Apollo databases
This application shows how to use both the latest version 4.x and the legacy version 3.x of the Java DataStax Driver to connect to an on-prem Cassandra database or a Apollo database in the cloud at runtime using environment variables.
Contributor(s): Dave Bechberger
- Shows the differences between a Cassandra connection configuration and an Apollo connection configuration in a single app.
- Provide a demonstration of how to configure the database connection at runtime.
- See the documentation for more details about the Apollo connection configuration for the Java Driver ( 4.x docs | 3.x docs ).
- v3 - The application that shows how to accomplish this task with the legacy version 3.x of the Java DataStax Driver
- v4 - The application that shows how to accomplish this task with the latest version 4.x of the Java DataStax Driver
How this Works
Refer to the READMEs in the appropriate sub folder above to see the details of how to accomplish this with your desired java driver version.