This repository provides downloadable code for the book, "Data Visualization Toolkit"; see DataVisualizationToolkit.com.
These example programs are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
This is a rails app that runs on Ruby 2.2.3. Clone the repo and run:
bundle exec rake db:create db:migrate
Then you can follow along with the book.
- Ch 6, "The Chord Diagram"
- Ch 7, "Time-Series Aggregates in Postgres"
- Ch 8, "Using a Separate Reporting Database"
- Ch 9, "Working with Geospatial Data in Rails"
- Ch 10, "Making Maps with Leaflet and Rails"
- Ch 11, "Querying Geospatial Data"
- Find items near a point scope (2523a49)