A full-day workshop for high-level managers and leaders to explore data-driven thinking and data analysis. Using relevant examples from U.S. cities, open data and Microsoft Excel, we give students a taste of how analysts ask and answer questions using data and how policymakers apply those insights to real-life scenarios.
Students will be able to:
- Define data analysis and apply analytical skills to their everyday work
- Consider data analysis as part of a larger organizational shift to data-informed decision making
- Begin analysis by asking appropriate questions
- Download a dataset from NYC Open Data Portal
- Explore and visualize a dataset in Microsoft Excel
- Interpret findings and test hypotheses
Leveraging Analytics is meant to be shared, remixed and built upon! Slides are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Let us know where you take this class next!