Spell✔ (a.k.a. SpellV)
Welcome to Spell✔, a simple app that makes it easy to spell-check with a browser!
Misspellings detract from your message.
They're easily avoided with tooling, but that's not always available when and where you need it. A word processor can be an effective way to spell-check arbitrary content, but some files (e.g., source code) have a lot of noise due to keywords, strange punctuation, and the like.
Spell✔ leverages your browser's built-in support for spell-checking to provide an easy, readily-available means of proofing any content. With a deeper understanding of the structure of your data, it's able to filter out much of the noise that makes using a word processor challenging.
Spell✔'s flexible approach stays out of your way and helps avoid unfortunate typos!
To import text:
- Paste from the clipboard
- Drag-and-drop from the file system
- Open a file (via the button at the top right)
The view selector (lower-left corner) supports:
- Original text
- Unique words (sorted)
- HTML/XML (text, comments, and attributes)
- JSON (values only)
- Markdown (text)
- Offline use is supported once the app has been cached by the browser
- Changes are not saved to the original file; copy/paste any edits you want to keep
- Browsers that support the forceSpellCheck API automatically highlight spelling errors
- Internet Explorer highlights automatically if you type in the text box before loading
- Chrome highlights automatically because of a selection hack
- Firefox highlights automatically
git clone https://github.com/DavidAnson/SpellV.git
default.htmin a web browser
- "Allow blocked content" if prompted by Internet Explorer
Spell✔ uses the following technologies:
Spell✔ is built with the following technologies:
- Grunt (including clean, watch, and grunt-curl)
- ESLint (via Grunt)
- browserify (via Grunt)
- UglifyJS (via Grunt)