A companion application for attendees of Microsoft Build 2012 conference. It is based on the "Starter kit for conferences" http://smallandmighty.net/blog/windows-phone-starter-kit-for-conferences
The application was simplified greatly by replacing the custom logic for grouping and sorting, and instead replacing it with the NetAdvantage controls for Windows Phone which support this functionality directly. This also sped up the loading and scrolling of the list dramatically. I also added functionality to cache the OData results for 2 hours.
- Search through session code, title & abstract to find exactly what you are looking for!
- Sessions by timeslot, easily discover which sessions are on right now
- Links to slides
- Links to video streams
- Save sessions to favourites
- Sessions cached for 2 hours to reduce network bandwidth
The application is available for free on the Windows Phone 7 marketplace.
I have written a post-mortem on how the application was built, how I modified the original framework, and what I learned from the experience. You can read it here on my blog http://davidburela.wordpress.com/2012/09/18/post-mortem-of-the-microsoft-teched-wp7-app/
- Windows Phone Starter Kit for Conferences - http://smallandmighty.net/blog/windows-phone-starter-kit-for-conferences
- YLAD (Your Last About Dialog) - http://ylad.codeplex.com/
- Windows Phone Icons Maker http://wpiconmaker.codeplex.com/
The NetAdvantage controls for Windows Phone were used to build this application. A license is required to build the source code. However you can download a trial to play with it http://www.infragistics.com/products/windows-phone/downloads
The code is MS-LPL as that is what the original framework I used was licensed as.