Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Here's what's new:
- MacOSX: enabled VOSF
- performance tweaks (in SDL2 texture and surface management code)
- fixed multiple mouse-grabbing bugs
- added an "sdlrender" preference, which can force the use of a specific, SDL2, rendering backend, such as "software" or "opengl". Setting to nothing, or to "auto", will let SDL2 choose.
- lots of Autotools fixes, including the ability to use either SDL1 or SDL2. SDL2 will be used, if both are available. To force the use of SDL1, pass --with-sdl1 to the configure script.
- fixed issue #5: OSX fullscreen does not recognize mouse-clicks, if cursor is at very top of screen
- fixed issue #19: on OS X, display can slide around if initial clicks are near top of screen
- fixed issue #21: Win32: resizing a window does not stretch screen
Win32 and OS X downloads at https://github.com/davidludwig/macemu/releases
Please report bugs at https://github.com/davidludwig/macemu/issues
New features + bug-fixes!
- retain guest OS' aspect ratio. This prevents stretching of the guest Mac's screen. Black bars are drawn on the sides of the screen, if the aspect ratio does not match the host OS' screen.
- experimental, and mainly OSX-only for now: resize-able windows! In windowed mode, windows can be resized. The guest OS' screen will not, however, change, however this can make the window a bit more readable on high-resolution screens. (Issue #21 (fix windows support) and Issue #22 (res-change reverts resize) are to-be-fixed)
- apply anti-aliasing, when scaling the window. This requires that either OpenGL or D3D support be available. If not, anti-aliasing will not be available.
- Win32-only: output diagnostic data (stdout and stderr) to a log file, BasiliskII_log.txt. This file is, currently, placed in the executable's current-working-directory, which'll probably be the same directory that BasiliskII.exe is in.
- bug-fix: 512x384 sized windows could not get created
- lots of internal fixes and updates, mainly relevant for those compiling for Linux
- applied latest changes + bug-fixes from cebix's repository
- fixed issue #1: 2 and 4 bit color modes were not working
- added "idlewait" support, which reduces host CPU usage, and host machine power consumption
This is almost identical to Release 2, but fixes/adds Win32 support.
This fixes a few bugs, namely:
- Issue #2 - BasiliskII: SDL2 backend overwrites multiple Command-key shortcuts, on OS X host
- Issue #4 - BasiliskII: guest OS display mode changes, in fullscreen, cause errant OS X desktop switches
It also includes a custom-built copy of SDL2, which is now included in the repo as a git submodule, which Xcode will build when building Basilisk II. In theory, this includes the debug symbols for SDL2 itself, which may be useful in fixing other bugs.
Built via Xcode 8.3.3, and a3f3d4f
Uses a stock build of SDL 2.0.5
Tested on Mac OS X 10.12.x, but may run as low as 10.7.x.
Fullscreen mode will attempt to use Mac OS X's Spaces feature!
Settings will be stored in HOME/.basilisk_ii_prefs
XPRAM will be stored in HOME/.basilisk_ii_xpram
Some guest-OS resolutions are not supported, in particular, 2 or 4 bit color.