Determination of the mechanical properties of each individual phase in the case of a multiphase, heterogeneous or composite material can be achieved using the grid nanoindentation technique ,  and .
The TriDiMap toolbox has been developed to plot, to map and to analyze (nano)indentation dataset.
- With this Matlab toolbox, it is possible:
- to map (in 2D or 3D), to interpolate and to smooth indentation map;
- to plot elastic modulus vs hardness values;
- to plot and to fit probability density functions;
- to plot and to fit cumulative density functions;
- to extract statistical values (mean, min, max with standard deviations) of mechanical properties and fractions for each phase;
- to correct mechanical map using image correlation with microstructural map;
- to correlate/compare mechanical map with microstructural map;
- to plot 4D mechanical property map (indentation tomography).
.. only:: html .. figure:: ./_pictures/MTS_example1_25x25_H_GUI.gif :scale: 80 % :align: center *Screenshot of the TriDiMap toolbox*
.. only:: latex .. figure:: ./_pictures/MTS_example1_25x25_H_GUI_00.png :scale: 80 % :align: center *Screenshot of the TriDiMap toolbox*
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 3 getting_started mapping map_options tomography pdf_cdf E_H image_correlation examples links_ref
|Author:||David Mercier |
- Mercier D. et al., "Mechanical characterization by nanoindentation of an electroplated nickel matrix composite coating" (2017).
- Mercier D. et al., "Microstructural and mechanical characterization of electroplated nickel matrix composite coatings" (2018).
- Mercier D. et al., "Mechanical properties mapping of cast bimetallic work roll shell material by nanoindentation" (2018).
- Huyghes P. et al., "On the Effect of Q&P Processing on the Stretch-flange-formability of 0.2C Ultra-high Strength Steel Sheets" (2018).
- Kossman S. et al., "Mechanical characterization by multiscale instrumented indentation of highly heterogeneous materials for braking applications" (2018).
|matlab| toolbox; nanoindentation; mapping; grid; 2D; 3D; mechanical properties; probability density function; deconvolution; multimodal Gaussian fit; cumulative density function; image correlation.
- Pierre Huyghes (ULB, Bruxelles) and Antoine Hilhorst (UCL, Louvain-La-Neuve) contributed to the Matlab code.
- Franck Nozahic (OCAS, Zwijnaarde) contributed to the documentation.
The author is grateful to Dr. Jiri Nemecek from Czech Technical University, Czech Republic (Prague) and to Dr. Nicholas Randall from Anton Paar, for discussions and many advices about nanoindentation mapping.
The author is grateful to Jean-François Vanhumbeeck and Xavier Vanden Eynde (CRM Group, Belgium (Liège)), for fruitful discussion and co-authoring of reference papers.
The author is grateful to Debora Rosseel, Franck Nozahic and Mélanie Gauvin (OCAS, Belgium (Zwijnaarde)), for providing example files and lots of fruitful feedbacks/remarks.
|||Constantinides G. et al., "Grid indentation analysis of composite microstructure and mechanics: Principles and validation" (2006).|
|||Němeček J., "Nanoindentation of heterogeneous structural materials", PhD thesis (2009).|
|||Randall N.X. et al., "Nanoindentation analysis as a two-dimensional tool for mapping the mechanical properties of complex surfaces" (2009).|