Ruby library to access the Authy API
require 'authy' Authy.api_key = 'your-api-key' Authy.api_uri = 'https://api.authy.com/'
Registering a user
Authy::API.register_user requires the user e-mail address and cellphone. Optionally you can pass in the country_code or we will asume
USA. The call will return you the authy id for the user that you need to store in your database.
Assuming you have a
users database with a
authy_id field in the
authy = Authy::API.register_user(:email => 'email@example.com', :cellphone => "111-111-1111", :country_code => "1") if authy.ok? self.authy_id = authy.id # this will give you the user authy id to store it in your database else authy.errors # this will return an error hash end
Verifying a user
Authy::API.verify takes the authy_id that you are verifying and the token that you want to verify. You should have the authy_id in your database
response = Authy::API.verify(:id => user.authy_id, :token => 'token-user-entered') if response.ok? //token was valid, user can sign in else //token is invalid
Requesting a SMS token
Authy::API.request_sms takes the authy_id that you want to send a SMS token. This requires Authy SMS plugin to be enabled.
response = Authy::API.request_sms(:id => user.authy_id) if response.ok? //sms was sent else response. //sms failed to send
Contributing to authy
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet.
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it.
- Fork the project.
- Start a feature/bugfix branch.
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution.
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Copyright (c) 2012 David A. Cuadrado. See LICENSE.txt for further details.