If anyone would like to donate (for whatever reason), you can do so here.
- Progressive scanning
- You can keep BetterJoyForCemu running and just connect controllers to your PC - it will detect them.
- UI rework
- Buttons for locating controllers through vibration
- Click on the joycon controller buttons to toggle single/joint Joycon mode.
- Improved rumble
- Added options to turn off HidGuardian and XInput emulation
- Allows BetterJoy to be used exclusively for gyro (for example when using Citra + Steam)
- Improved driver install batch files (thanks BetaLeaf)
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience
- Implemented a GUI
- Added application icon
- Added HidGuardian support.
- Weird jittering / Windows / steam glitching shouldn't happen anymore
- Streamlined driver install process
- Installs HidGuardian as a Windows process - don't move the BetterJoyForCemu folder after installation without uninstalling first.
- Added XInput Support using ViGEm.
- No longer need to use "Also use for axes/buttons"
- System-wide compatibility (use your Joycons with Steam, or something)
- Requires ViGEm driver (provided in release)
- Rumble support
- Ability to rebind keys
- Added more app settings
- Ability to disable rumble
- Option to swap A-B and X-Y (on request of Paul)
- CemuHook gets fed correct data about the kind of connection the controller is on
- Added more app settings
- Fixed button swapping not working on Joycons
- Added Joycon support
- Exposes two CemuHook controllers - both have all the buttons, selecting one or the other will just pick whether to use the right or left Joycon for the motion controls
- Make sure both controllers are connected beforehand
- Further gyro fixes
- Code cleanup
- Added USB support
- Eliminated gyro shaking
- Improved bluetooth support
- It's no longer necessary to completely remove and then reconnect the pro controller from your bluetooth devices when you turn it off
- Pro controller reconnects to computer normally now
- Added 32-bit release (untested)
- Cleaned up code
- More gyro fixes (runs at max UDP now - as precise as one can get)
- Especially noticeable in USB mode
- Initial release
How to use
- Install drivers
- Run ! Driver Install (Run as Admin).bat
- Run BetterJoyForCemu.exe
- If running for the first time, things might glitch out - just close BetterJoyForCemu normally and restart your computer for the drivers to take effect.
- If not, see the Problems section.
- Connect your controllers.
- Start Cemu and ensure CemuHook has the controller selected.
- If using Joycons, CemuHook will detect two controllers - each will give all buttons, but choosing one over the other just chooses preference for which hand to use for gyro controls.
- Go into Input Settings, choose XInput as a source and assign buttons normally.
- If you don't want to do this for some reason, just have one input profile set up with Wii U Gamepad as the controller and enable "Also use for buttons/axes" under GamePad motion source. This is no longer required as of version 3
- Turn rumble up to 70-80% if you want rumble.
- As of version 3, you can use the pro controller and Joycons as normal xbox controllers on your PC - try it with Steam!
Feel free to edit BetterJoyForCemu.exe.config before running the program to configure it to your liking.
For example, for use with Citra and Steam simultaneously, you may consider turning off UseHIDG and ShowAsXInput.
Current settings are:
- IP address of CemuHook motion server (default: 127.0.0.1)
- Port number of CemuHook motion server (default: 26760)
- Rumble Period of motor in ms (default: 300)
- Frequency of low rumble in Hz (default: 20)
- Frequency of high rumble in Hz (default: 400)
- Rumble - en/disables rumble (default: true)
- Swap buttons (default: false)
- Swaps the A-B and X-Y buttons to mimick the Xbox layout by button name, rather than physical layout
- PurgeWhitelist (default: true)
- Determines whether or not HidGuardian's process whitelist is purged on start-up
- UseHIDG (default: true)
- Determines whether or not to use HidGuardian (improves compatibility with other programs, like Steam, when set to "false")
- ShowAsXInput (default: true)
- Determines whether or not the program will expose detected controllers as Xbox 360 controllers
Controller is not recognised after using the program
Before uninstalling the drivers, navigate to http://localhost:26762/ and remove all the devices from the "Currently affected devices" list and then restart your computer.
Plugging controller into USB port does nothing
Solution found courtresy of reddit user BFCE - go into Device Manager, go to the Universal Serial Bus Controllers, select the properties of the eXtreme (or other USB) controllers, and toggle the setting that allows you to disable the USB ports to save power when not in use. Even some desktops have this on by default.
Make sure you installed the drivers!!
If the controller does not work after restarting the exe too many times - shut down the exe, disconnect your pro controller and connect it again.
If you get weird lag/stuttering - restart your computer; or try running the program multiple times, closing it properly (by pressing enter) each time.
If something isn't working but it looks like it should be - try running the program as administrator.
Note that for Joycons to work properly, you need a decent Bluetooth adapter that is comfortable with handling 3/4 connections at a time.
If while using a pro controller in USB mode, the program hangs on Using USB, just close the console window and open it again.
Make pro controller or Joycons visible to other programs again without uninstalled HidGuardian
BetterJoyForCemu automatically adds Joycons and Pro Controllers to HidGuardian's blacklist upon start-up.
However, to manually remove the devices from the blacklist, one can navigate to this page: http://localhost:26762/
Calibration Issues (ex: sticks don't have full range)
Check your controller calibration by connecting it to a Switch and calibrating the defaults from there. They would then save on the controller itself. BetterJoyForCemu reads those values and uses them for the default calibration, so those could be off if you never calibrated your controller.
No Joycons detected
If using Bluetooth - see the "How to properly disconnect the controller" section and follow the steps listed there. Then, reconnect the controller.
If using USB - try unplugging the controller and then plugging it back in, making sure to let Windows set it up before launching the program.
Getting stuck at "Using USB" or "Using factory.."
Close the program and then start it again. If it doesn't work, see the "No joycons detected" section and try that.
CemuHook not recognising the controller
Make sure that CemuHook settings are at their default state, which are -
serverIP = 127.0.0.1 serverPort = 26760
Feel free to open a new issue if you have any comments or questions.
Connecting and Disconnecting the Controller
Hold down the small button on the top of the controller for 5 seconds - this puts the controller into broadcasting mode.
Search for it in your bluetooth settings and pair normally.
To disconnect the controller - press down the button once. To reconnect - press any button on your controller.
Plug the controller into your computer.
How to properly disconnect the controller
- Go into "Bluetooth and other devices settings"
- Under the first category "Mouse, keyboard, & pen", there should be the pro controller.
- Click on it and a "Remove" button will be revealed.
- Press the "Remove" button
Many thanks to nefarius for his ViGEm project! Apologies and appreciation go out to epigramx, creator of WiimoteHook, for giving me the driver idea and for letting me keep using his installation batch script even though I took it without permission. Thanks go out to MTCKC for inspiration and batch files.
A last thanks goes out to dekuNukem for his documentation, especially on the SPI calibration data and the IMU sensor notes!