What is DCC Plus Plus
##What is DCC++##
DCC++ is an open-source hardware and software system for the operation of DCC-equipped model railroads.
The DCC++ Base Station consists of an Arduino UNO or MEGA micro controller fitted with an Arduino Motor Shield R3 or a Pololu Dual MC33926 Motor Shield that can be connected directly to the tracks of a model railroad.
The DCC++ Controller provides operators with a customizable GUI to control their model railroad. It is written in Java using the Processing graphics library and IDE and communicates with the DCC++ Base Station in one of multiple ways: Through a standard serial connection over a USB cable, wireless over BlueTooth, or with a Ethernet Shield via JMRI.
##What is a repository and what is in this Repository##
A repository is a central location in which data is stored and managed.
We are using GitHub as our repository.
Inside The DCC Plus Plus repository you can find the following:
- Documentation in the form of PDF files
- Base Station contains a complete DCC++ Base Station sketch designed for compiling and uploading into an Arduino Uno or Mega. All sketch files are in the folder named DCCpp_Uno. More information about the sketch can be found in the included PDF file.
- Controller provides operators with a customizable GUI to control their model railroad.
- Track-Plans This is the layout that is used to demonstrate the DCC++ system in various videos on DCC++ YouTube channel
- This DCC Plus Plus repository
- DCC++ YouTube channel
- DCC++ Discussion on Trainboard
- NMRA DCC Standards
- GNU General Public License
For more information on the overall DCC++ system, please follow the links in the DCC++ WIKI.