Forked from Kaepora's WIN95 Project: https://github.com/kaepora/WIN95
- Working Windows 95 Environment (start menu, task bar, maximize, minimize, open, close, all the things)
- Responsive for mobile devices
- Chain icons on the "desktop" or on the "file system" to windows or have them open other windows.
- Multiple Window types including (found in assets/js/sys/):
- Explorer (this is your typical file system where you can chain files/folders)
- Dialog Box (show a warning or other system message)
- Video (plays a video from YouTube or Vimeo)
- Photo (displays a single photo)
- Slideshow (displays a sequence of photos, use next/previous buttons or arrow keys)
- Internet Online (window inspired by the old AOL console)
- Search History (just a text list, worked with Internet Online Window)
- Profile (inspired by the AOL profile Window)
- GIFs (from back when they were pronounced with a "G" sound, just a window repeating goofy animation)
- Initial loading page simulating a remote desktop connection
Getting started so you can do stuff:
Node and Bower are required. Make sure these files are included in your project folder root:
Using the config.json
Enter your config settings (optional)
dest : your_destination_folder_for_your_compiled_files assets : your_assets_folder - leave blank tot put images,css,js,videos,fonts in the root. !! You will need to manually move the src assets to this folder. hostname : enter_your_server_hostname env : dev (options are: dev, tst, prd)
In your project folder run [sudo] npm install and [sudo] bower install.
Run gulp dev in your project folder to kickoff browsersync, jshint and sass watching.
Run gulp build to compile all assets and compress images