WordPress plugin to update your Twitter status when you publish or update a post. Author: Patrick Fenner
- Bugfix for Twitter account reset process. Bug report from Fabiano Conserva.
- Added option to limit message sending by category or custom field - From BjornW.
- Added tweet length checking, will trim title and force shortening of long urls to keep tweets under 140 characters.
- Added generic YOURLS shortener support - for both public and private installations. Can use timestamp-hashed secret keys (preferred) or usename/password combo (sent plaintext).
- Removed CURL dependency for short URL retreval, replaced with WP_Http (CURL is still required for sending updates to Twitter).
- Removed zz.gd as a shortener option (service has closed).
- Rearranged URL selection to internal/external sources.
- Added Welsh language URL shortener - From Gareth Jones, Stwnsh.
- Added warning if Bit.ly is selected without API credentials.
- Changed name to TweetUpdater
- Uses OAuth as the Twitter account authentication method. (Uses the TwitterAuth php library from Abraham)
- Updated the settings page to better fit in with the WordPress styles.
- Reduced the number of entries in the
wp-optionstable to 2 by using arrays.
- Renamed functions and DB entries to reduce the chance of collision with other plugins.
- Complete code revision.
- Revised documentation.
- Set cURL as standard retrieval method for short URLs
- Added Settings link on plugins admin page
- Added to the WordPress Plugins Directory.
- Updated functions for WP 3.0.1
- Added support for la_petite_url plugin
- Add #url# placeholder instead of "Link title to blog?" checkbox
- Added option to use full WordPress permalink as url