No technology is perfect, and OWASP DefectDojo believes that working with skilled security researchers across the globe is crucial in identifying weaknesses in any technology. If you believe you've found a security issue in our product, we encourage you to notify us. We welcome working with you to resolve the issue promptly.
- Let us know by submitting the finding through HackerOne's disclosure submission program as soon as possible upon discovery of a potential security issue, and we'll make every effort to quickly resolve the issue.
- Provide us a reasonable amount of time to resolve the issue before any disclosure to the public or a third-party.
- Make a good faith effort to avoid privacy violations, destruction of data, and interruption or degradation of our service. Only interact with accounts you own or with explicit permission of the account holder.
While researching, we'd like to ask you to refrain from:
- Denial of service
- Social engineering (including phishing) of DefectDojo staff or contractors
- Any physical attempts against DefectDojo property or cloud hosted environments
Any activities conducted in a manner consistent with this policy will be considered authorized conduct and we will not initiate legal action against you. If legal action is initiated by a third party against you in connection with activities conducted under this policy, we will take steps to make it known that your actions were conducted in compliance with this policy.
Thank you for helping keep DefectDojo and our users safe!