This program emulates a physical keyboard by providing a virtual interface on screen. It currently supports four modes:
- docked, where it will occupy the bottom of the screen;
- popup, likewise as a popup window;
- windowed, where it can be found in the system tray (default)
- embedded, which outputs its window ID for inclusion within another program.
Additionally, it can be piloted through its companion tool,
The current requirements for compiling Keyboard are as follows:
- Gtk+ 2.4 or later, or Gtk+ 3.0 or later
- DeforaOS libDesktop
- an implementation of
- gettext (libintl) for translations
With these installed, the following command should be enough to compile Keyboard on most systems:
On some systems, the Makefiles shipped can be re-generated accordingly thanks to the DeforaOS configure tool.
The compilation process supports a number of options, such as PREFIX and DESTDIR for packaging and portability, or OBJDIR for compilation outside of the source tree.
DeforaOS Keyboard is subject to the terms of the 2-clause BSD license. Please
COPYING file for more information.