Skip to content

HTTPS clone URL

Subversion checkout URL

You can clone with HTTPS or Subversion.

Download ZIP
Browse files

Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/perey/naev

  • Loading branch information...
commit fc21835d9c8c22001d6fcdea1ecfc44442d80fdb 2 parents 54769da + 69a4b7b
@bobbens bobbens authored
View
4 dat/assets/dowue.xml
@@ -31,8 +31,8 @@
<commodity>Ore</commodity>
<commodity>Industrial Goods</commodity>
</commodities>
- <description>Dowue is a planet known for the infamous "Dowue Syndrome", a condition where patients will temporarily go insane with hysteria due to prolonged expose of certain visual wavelengths. This was at first attributed a contaminated shipment of food, but later it was found that the sun in the Apez system emitted abnormal wavelengths, whose effects where multiplied by contaminants in Dowue's atmosphere. Shortly thereafter, it became mandatory for all personnel to wear special goggles designed to filter out the harmful light.</description>
- <bar>The Dowue Spaceport Bar is better known as the Frozen Shrimp after some ancient crustaceans found during the construction of the spaceport. It is a place where most of the personnel spend their time. The dangers, even with protective goggles, of the Dowue Syndrome persuade most people to stay indoors, and the bar lies in the heart of the spaceport.</bar>
+ <description>Dowue is a planet known for the infamous "Dowue Syndrome", a condition where patients will temporarily go insane with hysteria due to prolonged exposure to certain visual wavelengths. This was at first attributed to a contaminated shipment of food, but later it was found that the sun in the Apez system emitted abnormal wavelengths, whose effects where multiplied by contaminants in Dowue's atmosphere. Shortly thereafter, it became mandatory for all personnel to wear special goggles designed to filter out the harmful light.</description>
+ <bar>The Dowue Spaceport Bar is better known as the Frozen Shrimp after some ancient crustaceans found during the construction of the spaceport. It is a place where most of the personnel spend their time. Even with protective goggles, the dangers of Dowue Syndrome persuade most people to stay indoors, and the bar lies in the heart of the spaceport.</bar>
</general>
<tech>
<item>Laser 1</item>
View
2  dat/missions/neutral/diy-nerds.lua
@@ -28,7 +28,7 @@ else
text[1] = [[As you approach the group, the babbling ceases and the papers are quickly and jealously stashed away. One of the girls comes forward and introduces herself.
"Hi, I'm Mia. We need transportation, and you look as if you could need some dough. Interested?"
You reply that for a deal to be worked out, they better provide some detail.
- "Listen," she says, "there's this Homebrewn Processing Box Masters on %s. Right over there, this system. I'm sure our box will get us the first prize. You take us there, you take us back, you get 20000."
+ "Listen," she says, "there's this Homebrew Processing Box Masters on %s. Right over there, this system. I'm sure our box will get us the first prize. You take us there, you take us back, you get 20000."
You just start wondering at the boldness of so young a lady as she already signals her impatience. "What now, you do it?"]]
-- you accept
View
12 dat/missions/shadow/darkshadow.lua
@@ -15,12 +15,12 @@ else -- default english
title[1] = "An urgent invitation"
text[1] = [[ Suddenly, out of nowhere, one of the dormant panels in your cockpit springs to life. It shows you a face you've never seen before in your life, but you recognize the plain grey uniform as belonging to the Four Winds.
- "Hello %s," the face says. "You must be wondering who I am and how it is I'm talking to you like this. Neither question is important. What is important is that captain Rebina has urgent need of your services. You are to meet her on the Seiryuu, which is currently in orbit around %s in the % system. Please don't ask any questions now. We expect to see you as quickly as you can make your way here."
+ "Hello %s," the face says. "You must be wondering who I am and how it is I'm talking to you like this. Neither question is important. What is important is that Captain Rebina has urgent need of your services. You are to meet her on the Seiryuu, which is currently in orbit around %s in the %s system. Please don't ask any questions now. We expect to see you as quickly as you can make your way here."
The screen goes dead again. You decide to make a note of this in your log. Perhaps it would be a good idea to visit the Seiryuu once more, if only to find out how they got a private line to your ship!]]
title[2] = "Disclosure"
text[2] = [[ You make your way through the now familiar corridors of the Seiryuu. You barely notice the strange environment anymore. It seems unimportant compared to the strange events that surround your every encounter with these Four Winds.
- You step onto the bridge, where captain Rebina is waiting for you. "Welcome back, %s," she says. "I'm pleased to see that you decided to respond to our communication. I doubt you would have come here if you weren't willing to continue to aid us. Your presence here confirms that you are a reliable partner, so I will treat you accordingly."
+ You step onto the bridge, where Captain Rebina is waiting for you. "Welcome back, %s," she says. "I'm pleased to see that you decided to respond to our communication. I doubt you would have come here if you weren't willing to continue to aid us. Your presence here confirms that you are a reliable partner, so I will treat you accordingly."
the captain motions you to take a seat at what looks like a holotable in the center of the bridge. "Before I tell you what I've called you here for, I feel I should explain to you in full who we are, what we do and what your part in all this is." She takes a seat opposite from yours, and leans on the holotable. "As I've said before, we are the Four Winds. Our organization is a very secretive one, as you've experienced firsthand. Very few outside our know ranks of our existence, and now you're one of those few."]]
text[3] = [[ "The Four Winds are old, %s. Very old indeed. The movement dates back to old Earth, before the Space Age, even. We have been with human civilization throughout the ages, at first only in the Eastern nations, later establishing a foothold worldwide. Our purpose was to guide humanity, prevent it from making mistakes it could not afford to make. We never came out in the open, we always worked behind the scenes, from the shadows. We were diplomats, scientists, journalists, politicians' spouses, sometimes even assassins. We used any means necessary to gather information and avert disaster, when we could.
@@ -32,7 +32,7 @@ else -- default english
text[5] = [[ "It is my belief that one or more of my fellow captains have abandoned their mission, and are misusing their resources for a different agenda. I have been unable to find out the details of Four Winds missions that I did not order myself, which is a bad sign. I am being stonewalled, and I don't like it. I want to know what's going on, %s, and you're going to help me do it."
The captain turns the holotable back off so she can have your undivided attention. "I have sent Jorek on a recon mission to the planet of %s in the %s system. He hasn't reported back to me so far, and that's bad news. Jorek is a reliable agent. If he fails to meet a deadline, then it means he is tied down by factors outside of his control, or worse. I want you to find him. Your position as an outsider will help you fly below the radar of potentially hostile Four Winds operatives. You must go to %s and contact Jorek if you can, or find out where he is if you can't."
- Captain Rebina stands up, a signal that this briefing is over. You are seen to your ship by a grey-uniformed crewman. You sit in your cockpit for a few minutes before disengaging the docking clamp. What captain Rebina has told you is a lot to take in. A shadowy organization that guides humanity behind the scenes? And parts of that organization going rogue? The road ahead could well be a bumpy one.]]
+ Captain Rebina stands up, a signal that this briefing is over. You are seen to your ship by a grey-uniformed crewman. You sit in your cockpit for a few minutes before disengaging the docking clamp. What Captain Rebina has told you is a lot to take in. A shadowy organization that guides humanity behind the scenes? And parts of that organization going rogue? The road ahead could well be a bumpy one.]]
title[3] = "A tip from the barman"
text[6] = [[ You meet the barman's stare. He hesitates for a moment, then speaks up.
@@ -64,9 +64,9 @@ else -- default english
"Oh, damn it all," Jorek curses. "%s, that's the Genbu, Giornio's flagship. I never expected him to take an interest in me personally! Damn, this is bad. Listen, if you have anything to boost our speed, now would be the time. We got to get outta here as if all hell was hot on our heels, which it kinda is! If that thing catches us, we're toast. I really mean it, you don't wanna get into a fight against her, not on your own. Get your ass movin' to Sirius space. Giornio ain't gonna risk getting into a scrap with the Sirius military, so we'll be safe once we get there. Come on, what are you waitin' for? Step on it!"]]
title[7] = "A safe return"
- text[11] = [[ You find yourself back on the Seiryuu, in the company of Jorek and the Four Winds informant. The informant is escorted deeper into the ship by grey-uniformed crew members, while Jorek takes you up to the bridge for a meeting with captain Rebina.
+ text[11] = [[ You find yourself back on the Seiryuu, in the company of Jorek and the Four Winds informant. The informant is escorted deeper into the ship by grey-uniformed crew members, while Jorek takes you up to the bridge for a meeting with Captain Rebina.
"Welcome back, Jorek, %s," Rebina greets you on your arrival. "I've already got a preliminary report on the situation, but let's have ourselves a proper debriefing. Have a seat."
- Jorek and you sit down at the holotable in the middle of the bridge, and report on the events surrounding Jorek's retrieval. When you're done, captain Rebina calls up a schematic view of the Genbu from the holotable.
+ Jorek and you sit down at the holotable in the middle of the bridge, and report on the events surrounding Jorek's retrieval. When you're done, Captain Rebina calls up a schematic view of the Genbu from the holotable.
"It would seem that Giornio and his comrades have a vested interest in keeping me away from the truth. It's a good thing you managed to get out of that ambush and bring me that informant. I do hope he'll be able to shed more light on the situation. I've got a bad premonition, a hunch that we're going to have to act soon if we're going to avert disaster, whatever that may be. I trust that you will be willing to aid us again when that time comes, %s. We're going to need all the help we can get. For now, you will find a modest amount of credits in your account. I will be in touch when things are clearer."
You return to your ship and undock from the Seiryuu. You reflect that you had to run for your life this time around, and by all accounts, things will only get worse with the Four Winds in the future. A lesser man might get nervous.]]
@@ -95,7 +95,7 @@ else -- default english
osd2_msg[2] = "Return Jorek and the informant to the Seiryuu in the %s system"
misn_desc1 = [[You have been summoned to the %s system, where the Seiryuu is supposedly waiting for you in orbit around %s.]]
- misn_desc2 = [[You have been tasked by captain Rebina of the Four Winds to assist Jorek McArthy.]]
+ misn_desc2 = [[You have been tasked by Captain Rebina of the Four Winds to assist Jorek McArthy.]]
misn_reward = "A sum of money."
end
View
2  dat/missions/shadow/shadowrun.lua
@@ -79,7 +79,7 @@ else -- default english
"Yeah, that's me," he replies. "What'd ya want, kid?"
You explain to him that you've come to see to his special needs. This earns you a sneer from Jorek. "Ha! So you're running errands for the little lady, are you? Oh don't tell me, I've got a pretty good idea what it is you want from me." He leans onto the table, bringing his face closer to yours. "Listen, buddy. I don't know if you noticed, but people are watchin' me. And you too, now that you're talkin' to me. Those goons over there? Yeah, they're here for me. Used to be fancy undercover agents, but I've been sittin' on my ass here for a long time and they figured out I was on to them, so they replaced 'em with a bunch of grunts. Cheaper, see."
"And it's not just them," Jorek continues. "On your way here, did you see the flotilla of 'patrol ships' hangin' around? You guessed it, they're waitin' for me to split this joint. I'm HOT, kid. If I step onto your ship, you'll be hot too. And you have absolutely no problem with that, is that what you're tellin' me?]]
- jorek_text[2] = [[ Jorek roars with laughter. "Hah! Yeah, I'm sure you don't! I know what you're thinkin', I do. You'll take me outta here, pull a heroic bust past them Empire ships, save me, and the day while you're at it, then earn your stripes with the lady, am I right? Syeah, I bet you'd take on the world for a pretty face and a coy smile." He doesn't so much as make an attempt to keep the mocking tone out of his voice.
+ jorek_text[2] = [[ Jorek roars with laughter. "Hah! Yeah, I'm sure you don't! I know what you're thinkin', I do. You'll take me outta here, pull a heroic bust past them Empire ships, save me, and the day while you're at it, then earn your stripes with the lady, am I right? S'yeah, I bet you'd take on the world for a pretty face and a coy smile." He doesn't so much as make an attempt to keep the mocking tone out of his voice.
"Well, good for you. You're a real hero, right enough. But you know what? I'm stayin' put. I don't care if you have the vixen's approval. I'm not gettin' on some random Joe's boat just so he can get us both blasted to smithereens."
Your patience with Jorek's abuse is finally at an end, and you heatedly make it clear to him that your abilities as a pilot aren't deserving of this treatment. Jorek, however, seems unimpressed. He tells you to stick it where the sun doesn't shine, gets up from his chair and squarely deposits himself at another table. Unwilling to stoop to his level, you choose not to follow him.]]
jorek_text[3] = [[ Jorek exhales derisively. "No, I thought not. Probably thought this was going to be a walk in the park, didn't you? But when the chips are down, you back out. Wouldn't want to mess with be big scary Empire, would we?" He raises his voice for this, taunting the military personnel in the bar. They don't show any sign of having even heard Jorek speak. Jorek snorts, then focuses his attention back on you.
View
4 dat/missions/shadow/shadowvigil.lua
@@ -23,7 +23,7 @@ else -- default english
text[2] = [[ You choose not to say anything, but Rebina seems to have no trouble reading what's on your mind. "Ah yes, the ship. It's understandable that you're surprised at how it looks. I can't divulge too much about this technology or how we came to possess it, but suffice to say that we don't buy from the regular outlets. We have need of... an edge in our line of business."
Grateful for the opening, you ask Rebina what exactly this line of business is. Rebina flashes you a quick smile and settles into the chair for the explanation.
- "The organization I'm part of is known as the Four winds, or rather," she gestures dismissively, "not known as the Four Winds. We keep a low profile. You won't have heard of us before, I'm sure. At this point I should add that many who do know us refer to us as the 'Shadows', but this is purely a colloquial name. It doesn't cover what we do, certainly. In any event, you can think of us as a private operation with highly specific objectives. At this point that is all I can tell you." She leans forward and fixes you with a level stare. "Speaking of specific objectives, I have one such objective for you."]]
+ "The organization I'm part of is known as the Four Winds, or rather," she gestures dismissively, "not known as the Four Winds. We keep a low profile. You won't have heard of us before, I'm sure. At this point I should add that many who do know us refer to us as the 'Shadows', but this is purely a colloquial name. It doesn't cover what we do, certainly. In any event, you can think of us as a private operation with highly specific objectives. At this point that is all I can tell you." She leans forward and fixes you with a level stare. "Speaking of specific objectives, I have one such objective for you."]]
textrepeat = [[ Again, you set foot on the Seiryuu's decks, and again you find yourself surrounded by the unfamiliar technology on board. The ship's crewmen guide you to the bridge, where Rebina is waiting for you. She says, "Welcome back, %s. I hope you've come to reconsider my offer. Let me explain to you again what it is we need from you."]]
@@ -97,7 +97,7 @@ else -- default english
osd_msg = {}
osd_title = "Shadow Vigil"
osd_msg[1] = "Fly to the %s system and join the other escorts"
- osd_msg[2] = "Follow the group to nova Shakar and land"
+ osd_msg[2] = "Follow the group to Nova Shakar and land"
osd_msg[3] = "Follow the flight leader to the rendezvous location"
osd_msg[4] = "Escort the Imperial diplomat"
osd_msg[5] = "Report back to Rebina"
Please sign in to comment.
Something went wrong with that request. Please try again.