v0.5 : April 1, 2014
- Pre-Windows 8 local nameserver function now restores DNS to use DHCP if the IP Address is obtained via DHCP
- Setup installs and starts dotBitNs service: More reliable then previous 'self-install' method.
- Setup installs Start menu icon
- Fixed System.Net.Http and other .Net framework version compatibility problems
- Automatic configuration of namecoin.config file is less intrusive; preserves comments.
- Namecoin config manager will search running processes to see if a custom data path is configured. <- Thanks Ian Freeman
- Task tray toggle (double click) now works to show window when hidden via minimize
- Settings window: Added some persistent settings:
- Minimize To Tray
- Minimize On Close
- Start Minimized
- Start On Login
- Moved Version info to new tab in settings window
- Remove StartUp shortcut from installer, it was being configured for all users, but new config option is per user.
- In order to have MeowBit autostart, the user will have to explicitly set that in Settings window.
- Start menu folder with Uninstall shortcut.
- dotBitNs Service will now try to detect running Namecoin client and find authorization information from config file
- Any configuration information that is found by the service is now saved so that it can connect to Namecoin client without the need for MeowBit monitor to be running.
- Dot-Bit specification implemented: Empty sub-domain name ("") may be used to configure the domain. Entries specified here have lower precedence.