The filename pattern has changed with the newest GoPro models which causes them to be displayed in an undesirable order in a file explorer making it difficult to view and rename segmented files. This utility streamlines the process of grouping and renaming segmented video files.
- Loads all video files in a folder
- Groups segmented videos in list view
- Displays metadata for each video file
- Edit seperate fields used to build name
- Batch process all videos to new filename
- Click Path to select directory OR put path in textbox and hit Enter or click Load
- This will populate the list with video files that match the GoPro Hero 7 naming convetion and automatically group them.
- Select a video from the list and edit the Title, Date and Tags as desired. These are autopopuated with default values parsed from the video file metadata.
- Changes to the text fields are highlighed in yellow until they are saved in the cache, you must hit Enter in each textbox to save the changes before changing selection.
- If GPS location data is embedded in the video the button will show the coordinates and clicking it will open your default browser to Google Maps at that position.
- The video thumbnail preview can be changed by moving the slider at the bottom allowing you to select 1 minute increments from the first video segment.
- Click Process Batch to open the dialog and confirm the changes that will be made.
- If you do not want to process some of the video files, simple uncheck them before and they will be excluded.
- After clicking Process both the Batch screen and the main form will be refreshed showing you the result.
**Your videos will be renamed in source directory using the following pattern: **
Date Title OrigionalFileName Tags