I can build or start working on lot of landing pages. Across most of these sites, the requirements and types of functionality are often the same.
To save myself some time I created this boilerplate, which aims to achieve the following:
- Quick set up of folder structure. This folder structure works nicely with both simple landing pages and even bigger Angular apps.
- SASS support (this will be minified to one file).
- Express server so you don't need to worry about installing local servers like MAMP.
- Consistent code formatting when commit to git (by using .editorconfig).
- Git ignore so you don't commit
- Open the project in your favourite editor and update lines 2, 4 and 5 in the package.json file.
- Make sure you have npm, node, gulp and sass installed on your machine.
** Extra Benefits**
- Install the 'livereload' plugin for your browser: Chrome, Firefox.
- Turn 'livereload' on and start coding.
Below is useful snippets for Google Analytics tracking to help get you starter.
ga('send', 'event', 'category', 'action'); ga('send', 'event', 'category', 'action', 'label'); ga('send', 'event', 'category', 'action', 'label', value); // value is a number.
Below have included some of my most commons plugins:
For modal windows I tend to use the boubon.io one. To install this, you need to run the following from your project route:
gem install bourbon
- You will need to
@import bourbon/bourbon';in your SCSS file.
This format might not cover everyones requirements. If you think something could be improved feel free to fork and submit a pull request.