A Tinsy Winsy Python Flask App
$ git clone https://github.com/DevOpsBootcamp/tinsy-flask-app.git $ cd tinsy-flask-app $ virtualenv venv $ source venv/bin/activate $ pip install -r requirements.txt $ ./script.py * Running on http://127.0.0.1:8080/ (Press CTRL+C to quit)
Open your browser to
http://daycamp.osuosl.org:<Your VM's HTTP Port>
Woooo~ you did it, now we get to hacking!
Now that you have finsihed the hands-on activity, you have a few options. If you would like to investigate Python and Flask further take a look at the Flask Quickstart Guide
- Skim the quickstart.
- Add another page (
- Display a randomly chosen message from a list each time the user loads the page.
- Link to the new page from your original page.
If you're less than confident in your Python skills, check out the The Python 2.7 Tutorial
Alternatively, if you are also more interested in the version control side of the activity, make a fork of this repo.
- Make a fork of this repository.
- Make changes of your own.
- Push changes up to your personal repository.