Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
Devatory is seeking a seasoned web developer with great communication skills to train developers in our hands-on boot camp.
Devatory is an intensive web development boot camp. Our goal is to create an ecosystem where ambitious individuals can fast-track their careers in ten weeks! This happens when we mix highly-driven and passionate instructors with equally ambitious students in our lab, where developers can learn from building-up and a hands-on approach. Help us launch Junior Web Developers!
Devatory is where you can help us create this ecosystem. We want you to bring your ideas to life. Our students take great measures to attend our courses and we take great pride in guiding and mentoring them to achieve their dreams. We only hire people who understand this dedication and care to nurture students into these aspirations. Enjoy a casual young start up culture where you can make a big impact and your ideas will be heard.
Who are you?
You want to see students transform into great software engineers that are successful at what they do. You care about the quality, experience, and innovation that can be achieved when the right foundations, habits, and skills are set from the very beginning in young developers. You love explaining things and especially the how and why behind programming concepts. You love the startup culture and don’t mind wearing more than one hat. Most importantly, you share our vision and goals.
What you will be doing?
- Work on the team to help design, develop, and enhance curriculum
- Teach and hold ownership in developing awesome web developers
- Guide students in building 10-15 real projects from inception to completion
- Instruct classes using a variety of delivery methods
- Maintain quality of delivery as measured by student evaluations
- Increase professional and technical knowledge
- Contribute to our blog and meet ups
- Conduct, coach, and mentor students in mock interviews
- Knowledge of AngularJS and Node
- Ability to teach novices programming concepts
- Intermediate knowledge of C#, ASP.NET MVC4, and Web API
- Intermediate knowledge of responsive design
- Excellent communication, presentation and people skills
- Exceptional care and motivation to help developers learn through building and practical experience over a traditional textbook and lecture environment
- Wide and deep array of development experiences to talk about
- Ability to explain the how and why behind the depths of web programming concepts
- Ability to work under pressure and thrive in a fast paced environment
- A strong belief in our core values and mission
- A veteran in the latest technologies and trends to have informed opinions about various frameworks and philosophies
- Ability to express these opinions on our blog and hold thought-provoking discussions at meet ups
- Onsite Gym
- Take some time off between boot camps
- Opportunity to work from home between sessions
Salary: $84,000-$135,000 DOE
Immediate hire!!! We are looking to bring you on ASAP!!! If you are an awesome Web Developer and love to discuss what you do, please apply!!! We will coach, train, and mentor you in becoming an awesome teacher/instructor!!! Part-time, evening, and weekend opportunities might be available for the right candidate(s).
Please apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org