Authentication in Angular
Most modern applications require security. However, single page applications (SPAs) introduce unique challenges when it comes to authentication. In general, traditional session-based authentication isn't a good fit for stateless SPAs. A better approach is to use OAuth tokens provided by a security token service. In this talk, we are going to look at how to build Angular applications that use token-based authentication. Our security token service will be running IdentityServer, an OpenID Connect provider and OAuth 2.0 server framework for ASP.NET.
On November 5, 2017, IdentityServer made the decision to stop development and maintenance of IdentityServer3. This has a couple of reasons:- IdentityServer4 is the better OpenID Connect and OAuth 2 implementation in every aspect - ASP.NET Core 2 is now a mature platform - There is only that much time you can spend on OSS development and issue tracker support, so we decided to focus on current projects which are IdentityServer4, IdentityModel2 and oidc-client.js
Security vulnerabilities will be fixed ASAP of course. Please disclose them responsibly.
- Slides from CodeStock - https://speakerdeck.com/developerinfra/authentication-in-angular-codestock
- Slides from Enterprise Developers Guild - https://speakerdeck.com/developerinfra/authentication-in-angular-enterprise-developers-guild
- Slides from Atlanta Code Camp - https://speakerdeck.com/developerinfra/authentication-in-angular-atlanta-code-camp
- Slides from Triangle .NET User Group - https://speakerdeck.com/developerinfra/authentication-in-angular-triangle-net-user-group
- Source Code
- Angular Applications (My future contribution to the IdentityServer community.)
- OpenID Connect
- OpenID Connect Libraries
- IdentityServer Samples
- OAuth for ASP.NET
- JSON Web Tokens
- CodeStock on May 6, 2017, @ 12:55 PM
- Enterprise Developers Guild on May 23, 2017, @ 6:00 PM
- Atlanta Code Camp on September 16, 2017, @ 10:40 AM
- Triangle .NET User Group on October 11, 2017 @ 6:00 PM
- Because I really like Angular and want to help make it easier to adopt IdentityServer.