Game Boy Link communication, host side
This is the host side of a project that allows communication between a physical Game Boy Game Link Cable and a computer.
Three functionalities are implemented:
- Sniffing the serial communication
- Virtual Game Boy Printer that stores the images as PNG files
- Printing directly to the Game Boy Printer (no Game Boy needed)
The code is written in Rust.
You can read the complete details of this project in my blog posts:
- Sniffing Game Boy serial traffic with an STM32F4
- Virtual Game Boy Printer with an STM32F4
- Printing on the Game Boy Printer using an STM32F4
USAGE: gb-link [OPTIONS] FLAGS: -h, --help Prints help information -V, --version Prints version information OPTIONS: -b, --baud <RATE> Set the baud rate [default: 1000000] -d, --board <BOARD> Set the development board: generic, st [default: st] -f, --file <FILE> Image file to print -m, --mode <MODE> Set the device mode: sniff, printer, print [default: sniff] -s, --serial <DEVICE> Set the serial device [default: /dev/ttyACM0]
The code is released under the 3-clause BSD License.