This program is unmaintained and does not support the current miner protocol. Use cgminer instead. Do not create issues about this program being broken because it will not be fixed by the original developers. If you want to fix it, you're welcome to fork it.
DiabloMiner - OpenCL miner for BitCoin
Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013 Patrick McFarland <email@example.com> This program is free software: you can redistribute it and_or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org_licenses/>.
Bitcoins and Devcoins: 1DbeWKCxnVCt3sRaSAmZLoboqr8pVyFzP1
DiabloMiner is a command line program. This means you need to open a terminal (cmd.exe, Terminal.app/iTerm2, xterm, etc) and run the program with the proper arguments from there.
You require hardware that is capable of running OpenCL.
Apple's OpenCL drivers often exhibit strange bugs.
If DiabloMiner is displaying warnings about
-w 64 to your arguments.
How to download
This download is always kept up to date with the newest version of the source.
How to build
DiabloMiner requires the SDK for Java 6.0 or higher installed, as well as Maven 3.x. Maven will download the rest of the dependencies.
DiabloMiner uses launch4j to build Windows binaries. launch4j requires and partially includes a build chain for Win32. launch4j cannot be ran on any 64-bit only version of OSX (10.6 and up) and is difficult to run on Windows.
DiabloMiner's git repo does not contian binaries, so if you want to build
DiabloMiner from source, heed the above warning and run
How to use
Single pool and solo mining
./DiabloMiner-YourOS.sh -u username -p password -o host -r port
./DiabloMiner-YourOS.sh -l http://username:password@host:port
For solo mining, your host is
localhost your port is
8332, and your
username and password is what you set in your bitcoind's
See bitcoin documentation for further information on how to enable the RPC
./DiabloMiner-YourOS.sh -u username1,username2 -p password1,password2 -o host1,host2 -r port1,port2
DiabloMiner supports unlimited pools and will switch to the next pool on connection failure and return to the first pool every 60 minutes.
MacOSX on any hardware
It is recommended you use the default settings, see also the MacOSX warning above.
Nvidia hardware on any OS
It is recommended you use the default settings, however if your desktop is
lagging badly try adding
-f 180, or
Intel hardware on any OS
DiabloMiner has not been tested on Intel GPUs. Default is most likely correct.
AMD Radeon VLIW4
- Radeon discrete: 43xx, 45xx, 46xx, 47xx, 48xx
- Radeon mobile: 43xxM, 45xxM, 46xxM, 48xxM, 5xxV, 51xxM
- FirePro: V3750, V7750, V8700, V8750, 2450, RG220
- FirePro mobile: M7740
- FireStream: 9250, 9270
AMD Radeon VLIW5
Cedar, Redwood, Juniper, Cypress, Hemlock
- Radeon discrete: 54xx, 55xx, 56xx, 57xx, 58xx, 59xx, 63xx, 6750, 6770, 73xx
- Radeon mobile: 54xxM, 56xxM, 57xxM, 58xxM, 63xxM, 65xxM, 68xxM,
- FirePro: V3800, V4800, V5800, V7800, V8800, V9800, 2270, 2460
- FirePro mobile: M5800, M7820
- FireStream: 9350, 9370
On some cards
-v 2,1 is faster, on others
-v 2. Try both.
AMD Radeon VLIW5 Gen2
Caicos, Turks, Barts, Wrestler, Ontario, Zacate, WinterPark, BeaverCreek
- Radeon discrete: 64xx, 65xx, 66xx, 6790, 68xx, 74xx, 75xx, 76xx
- Radeon mobile: 64xxM, 66xxM, 67xxM, 69xxM, 74xxM, 75xxM, 76xxM
- Radeon mobile IGP: 63xxG, 64xxG, 65xxG, 66xxG
- Fusion APU: 62xx, 63xx, 64xxD, 65xxD, 74xxD, 75xxD, 76xxD
- FirePro: V3900, V4900
- FirePro mobile: M5950, M8900, M2000
AMD Radeon VLIW4
Cayman, Antilles, Devastator
- Radeon discrete: 69xx
- Radeon mobile: 64xxM, 66xxM, 67xxM
- Fusion APU: 74xxD
- FirePro: V5900, V7900
AMD Radeon GCN
Cape Verde, Pitcairn, Tahiti, New Zealand, Malta, Bonaire
- Radeon discrete: 77xx, 78xx, 79xx
- Radeon mobile: 77xxM, 78xxM, 79xxM
- FirePro: W600, W5000, W7000, W8000, W9000, S7000, S9000, S10000, R5000
- FirePro mobile: M4000, M6000
- Sky: 500, 700, 900
Command line arugments
- -u, -p, -o, -r Username, password, host, port
- -l Fully fledged URL, ex: http://username:password@host:port/
- -x Proxy, ex: host:port<:username:password>
- -d Debug output
- -D Use specific devices. Default is all.
- -f FPS, controls how many kernel executions a second happen, default is 30
- -w Controls OpenCL workgroup size, default is hardware detected maximum
- -v: Change manual SIMD parallel alignment.
- -v 1: The same as off/single hash, and is the default (
- -v 2 through 16: Tries more than one hash via SIMD (
- -v 1,1, etc: Non-SIMD interleaving on top of SIMD, faster on a very small
minority of hardware (
-v 2,1is faster than
-v 2on some Radeon VLIW5)