Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
3D Models specifications
The Wavefrom OBJ format is currently supported. MTL is used for defining the materials. Textures can be either jpg or png.
Some rules exist
- Each obj file should not be more than 256MB!
- Smoothing causes models to loose their fidelity. It is triggered by 's 1' (opposite 's off') inside the obj file. It is up to you if you want it or not.
- The textures jpgs should be stored without path, e.g. 'map_Kd mymodeltexture.jpg'
- 'newmtl building2_NoGlossy': The material names could include the special word 'NoGlossy' that removes any glossiness in Unity3D. It is up to you if you want glossy meshes.
- Textures can be either jpg or png.
- Do not use jpgs and pngs simultaneously in one mtl file.
- Textures should be rectangular up to 8192px x 8192px
'_xdpi' is a affects the fidelity of the textures in the game. Use
- hdpi: 8192px, 100% jpg compression
- ndpi: 2048px, 95% jpg compression
- ldpi: 256px, 90% jpg compression
- PNG format allows to make foliage (trees, plants) efficiently with planes textured with a png image with transparency.
- Put the keyword "Transparent" in the obj, mtl, material names, jpg and png files. It is used as a keyword in order to enable the transparent rendering.