A course management platform where student-teacher interactions can take place seamlessly online.
- DigiCourse was developed for National University of Singapore's CS2102: Database Systems's Autumn 2019 course run, which was taught by Dr. Prabawa Adi Yoga Sidi.
- This project was developed by Bryan Koh, Evan Tay, Jacqueline Cheong and Lee Tze Ting from September to November 2019.
This project was built using the following technologies:
- Model: PostgreSQL
- Controller: NodeJS, ExpressJS
- View: JQuery, Bootstrap
- Continuous Deployment: Herokuapp
To deploy this project locally for development purposes, follow the steps in the local development guide.
To contribute to this project:
- Fork this repo.
- Create a new branch (e.g.
feature-1) and do your development on this branch.
- After completing a feature, make a pull request to merge your branch to the
devbranch on this repo.
dev branch will be merged to the
master branch at appropriate development stages.
Each time a commit is made to the
master branch, the project is automatically deployed to Heroku. The following occurs next:
- Heroku detects the commit and starts building the project.
- Heroku runs the first buildpack in the chain psql-heroku-buildpack which executes
setup.sqlto reset and repopulate the PostgreSQL database attached to this project's Herokuapp.
- The second buildpack subdir-heroku-buildpack is then executed. It sets 'src' as the project root.
- Heroku then runs the third and final buildpack heroku/nodejs to build the NodeJS application.
- The project is deployed to digicourse.herokuapp.com.
- This project was deployed to Herokuapp with the Heroku buildpack subdir-heroku-buildpack developed by Alexey Timanovsky and psql-heroku-buildpack written by Evan Tay.
- This project's backend used async/await node-postgres connection and query code written by Francesco Zerbinati.
- This project's web template was designed by uxcandy.co.
- This project's logo was designed by freepik - www.freepik.com.