An app for digital gypsies to discover awesome new places to work.
Our client, Nomadlist has called upon a wonderful group of developers to help implement some new features in their website. Features to be added are as follows:
- User authentication system
- The ability to save city options
- The ability to add details to that city option (to assist with planning etc)
- A google map with points on the saved locations to show the user their potential new locations on a map
- As a user, you will be able to search for locations that you would be interested in working/living by using filter options. Search by month you wish to go, preferred weather during that month and by budget to get options.
- After the results are rendered the user can choose to save these options and add notes to the entries if they wish. -User will be able to see all of their saved locations on a google map with points.
You want to work remotely but you're not sure in what city. Somehow you ended up on Digital Gypsy and realized it has all the answers. After signing up in the top right corner via the drop down bar, you logged in to get started.
After picking the month you wish to travel and your budget you hit search and are served a wonderful list of destinations. These destinations come along with an overall score, and ratings for wifi, safety, and fun. There are sooo many that are interesting, so you save a few to your saved destinations list. You can even add notes on each. After saving you can also view the work spaces around that area and how much it costs to work from there per day in USD.
Digital Gypsy now serves as your source for finding new locations to work out of at the click of a few button!
- JSON Web Token
- Nomadlist API
- Google Maps API
Drop down login bar: http://jsfiddle.net/rhxxyky8/10/
Google maps implementation: https://www.fullstackreact.com/articles/how-to-write-a-google-maps-react-component/
Rotating plane feature: https://designshack.net/articles/css/joshuajohnson-2/
- Creating a user authentication system in React
- Heroku deployment