Medkit Hotkey by Dingo
I was a bit miffed when I found out you can't bind the First Aid Kit to a hotkey. This simple mod aims to fix that inconvenience.
The hotkey (default: "H") is configured through a json file, since Subnautica's key bindings system is rather modder unfriendly.
- Install QMods if you haven't already.
- Download the zip file from the Files tab.
- Unzip the contents of the zip to the game's main directory (where Subnautica.exe can be found).
- Navigate to the mod's directory (Subnautica\QMods\MedkitHotkey).
- Edit settings.json with Notepad or your favourite text editor.
- Replace the default "H" with your preferred key. Use only KeyCode names found on this page.
If you want to contribute a translation for this mod, please follow these steps:
- Look at the file "English.json" in QMods\MedkitHotkey\Languages
- Copy that file and change the file name to your language. It needs to match the file name in Subnautica\SNUnmanagedData\LanguageFiles
- Translate the file. Do not touch the keys ("MissingMedkit"), only the translated values ("No first aid...")
- Share the file with me, preferrably over GitHub, a Nexus private message or (if you must) a comment
- Q. Is this mod safe to add or remove from an existing save file?
- A. Perfectly safe.
- Q. Does this mod have any known conflicts?
- A. It should not conflict with other mods. Obviously, the hotkey you define should be unique to avoid trouble.
2019-03-17 - v1.2.2
- Added Russian translation by mstislavovich
2019-03-16 - v1.2.1
- Small refactor to language loading
2019-03-16 - v1.2.0
- Added a framework for translations
- Refactored code
2019-02-15 - v1.1.2
- Added a check for text input (console, signs, lockers etc.) based on player feedback
2019-02-15 - v1.1.0
- Updated for QMods v2.0.0
- Switched directly to Unity KeyCode
2019-02-03 - v1.0.0
- Initial mod release