Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install Pressure²?
- Download the latest release.
- Extract the ZIP and move the folder to:
- Windows: the
Program Files (x86)/Steam/skinsfolder, or your Steam install directory if different.
- Mac: right-click
show package contentsthen go to -
- Linux: the
- Ubuntu: the
- Windows: the
- Open the folder
fontsfound inside the Pressure² folder, and for the files in here:
- Windows: Right-Click the font files and choose "Install".
- Mac: Double-Click each font file then click "Install".
- Linux: Manually install the font by copying it to either
~./fontsand then run the terminal command
- Open your Steam Settings Window. Navigate to Interface on the left, and locate the option "Select the skin you wish Steam to use" and choose Pressure².
- After choosing Pressure² as your Steam skin, hit OK in Settings, you will be prompted to restart Steam. Restart Steam.
- You're good to go, captain. Welcome to your new Steam experience. Enjoy.
What happened to the original Pressure?
It's still a thing. Sort of. I'm now focusing most of my time on supporting Pressure², but will continue to support Pressure with bug fixes as I work on an entirely redone version - "Pressure Classic". You can download the latest version of Pressure on Pressure for Steam's GitHub Repo.
I found a bug/issue/problem!
Please report it on the Issue Tracker.
When reporting a bug always:
- Switch back to Steam's normal theme and see if it occurs there. (If it does, don't report it here, report it to Steam).
- Explain if you are in the Steam BETA. Does it happen out of the BETA?
- Include a Screenshot of the bug.
- Provide steps on how to reproduce the bug.
Tweaks for Pressure²
There are a few tweaks available, all of which can be found in the
config.ini file. This file should explain enough to get by, but otherwise here are some more details instructions:
Disable Uninstalled Game transparency in the Grid View
config.ini, and locate the line //include "includes/tweaks/grid/not-transparent.styles", remove the "//" at the start of this line.
Now locate the line include "includes/tweaks/grid/transparent.styles" and add "//" to the start of this line.
Remove the green overlay in Game Details View's header.
config.ini, and locate the line //include "includes/tweaks/gamebackgroundoverlay/disable.styles", remove the "//" at the start of this line.
Now locate the line include "includes/tweaks/gamebackgroundoverlay/enable.styles" and add "//" to the start of this line.
Contributing to Pressure²
I welcome anybody who would like to contribute to Pressure² whether it be graphics, code, or written word. If you are contributing code to the project I ask that you follow the code formatting below.
- Always indent with tabs, do not indent with spaces.
- When modifying the layout of elements, always follow a "Left, Top, Right, Bottom, Width by Height" mantra.
Organize any styles in the following way:
bgcolor selectedbgcolor textcolor selectedtextcolor shadowtextcolor font-family font-size font-weight font-style font-outerglow-color font-outerglow-filtersize font-outerglow-offset minimum-width minimum-height inset inset-left inset-top inset-right inset-bottom padding-left padding-top padding-right padding-bottom image
And when modifying layouts, organize each control as below:
name control region start align dir x y width height margin spacing overflow end-right