Clone this wiki locally
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install Pressure²?
- Download the latest release.
- Extract the ZIP and move the folder to:
- Windows: the
Program Files (x86)/Steam/skinsfolder, or your Steam install directory if different.
- Mac: right-click
show package contentsthen go to -
- Linux: the
- Ubuntu: the
- Windows: the
- Open the folder
fontsfound inside the Pressure² folder, and for the files in here:
- Windows: Right-Click the font files and choose "Install".
- Mac: Double-Click each font file then click "Install".
- Linux: Manually install the font by copying it to either
~./fontsand then run the terminal command
- Open your Steam Settings Window. Navigate to Interface on the left, and locate the option "Select the skin you wish Steam to use" and choose Pressure².
- After choosing Pressure² as your Steam skin, hit OK in Settings, you will be prompted to restart Steam. Restart Steam.
- You're good to go, captain. Welcome to your new Steam experience. Enjoy.
What happened to the original Pressure?
It's still a thing. Sort of. I'm now focusing most of my time on supporting Pressure², but will continue to support Pressure with bug fixes as I work on an entirely redone version - "Pressure Classic". You can download the latest version of Pressure on Pressure for Steam's GitHub Repo.
I found a bug/issue/problem!
Please report it on the Issue Tracker.
When reporting a bug always:
- Switch back to Steam's normal theme and see if it occurs there. (If it does, don't report it here, report it to Steam).
- Explain if you are in the Steam BETA. Does it happen out of the BETA?
- Include a Screenshot of the bug.
- Provide steps on how to reproduce the bug.
Tweaks for Pressure²
There are a few tweaks available, all of which can be found in the
config.ini file. This file should explain enough to get by, but otherwise here are some more details instructions:
Disable Uninstalled Game transparency in the Grid View
config.ini, and locate the line //include "includes/tweaks/grid/not-transparent.styles", remove the "//" at the start of this line.
Now locate the line include "includes/tweaks/grid/transparent.styles" and add "//" to the start of this line.
Remove the green overlay in Game Details View's header.
config.ini, and locate the line //include "includes/tweaks/gamebackgroundoverlay/disable.styles", remove the "//" at the start of this line.
Now locate the line include "includes/tweaks/gamebackgroundoverlay/enable.styles" and add "//" to the start of this line.
Contributing to Pressure²
I welcome anybody who would like to contribute to Pressure² whether it be graphics, code, or written word. If you are contributing code to the project I ask that you follow the code formatting below.
- Always indent with tabs, do not indent with spaces.
- When modifying the layout of elements, always follow a "Left, Top, Right, Bottom, Width by Height" mantra.
Organize any styles in the following way:
bgcolor selectedbgcolor textcolor selectedtextcolor shadowtextcolor font-family font-size font-weight font-style font-outerglow-color font-outerglow-filtersize font-outerglow-offset minimum-width minimum-height inset inset-left inset-top inset-right inset-bottom padding-left padding-top padding-right padding-bottom image
And when modifying layouts, organize each control as below:
name control region start align dir x y width height margin spacing overflow end-right