Spruce is a tiny but powerful open-source social networking platform made with Node.js and MongoDB
Deployed on an Amazon EC2 instance here
Get the live MongoDB stats out here.
- Sign in using local authentication or using your Instagram account.
- Search for your other users.
- All feeds divided into 3 categories -
- thoughts (tweets)
- events (location can be specified)
- moments (personal post)
- Like and comment on a feed.
- View your/others profile.
- Follow a particular user and get notified for his/her activities.
- Change your profile picture, bio, people who follow you etc.
- Some extras (games)
And a lot more to be added soon...
- Change the name (Issue #3)
- Activity feature for user to see follow requests and his/her daily activity.
- Sign in using FaceBook, Twitter and Google accounts.
- Chat one-one or create a room/group.
Clone the repo locally then install all the dependencies using NPM
$ git clone https://github.com/DivySrivastava/spruce.git $ cd spruce $ npm i
Before running, we need to add the Instgram and Google API Credentials to the project.
config directory of the repo, you will find
We need to add the
<host>:<port> with our own API credentials
/** REPLACE YOUR API CREDENTIALS HERE **/ var in_client_id = 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX', // <CLIENT_ID> in_client_secret = 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX', // <CLIENT_SECRET>
var in_redirect_uri = 'http://localhost:80/account/oauth/:service'
Finally start the MongoDB server in a seperate bash/pm2
and then start the spruce server via
$ npm start
This project needs contributors!!
(The MIT License)
Copyright (c) 2019 Divy Srivastava firstname.lastname@example.org
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the 'Software'), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.