Before you start
- Check Equipment Operating Status (currently broken)
- Read Workshop Safety before visiting workshop
- Report problems in
- If you want to discuss anything, head over to the Google Group :)
- If the device is connected, it might be filed under Digital Infrastructure
- LaserCutting - read first before using them!
- RolandVinylCutter - cut shapes in to vinyl sheets
- HarryPlotterVinylCutter - smaller, Silhouette Portrait vinyl cutter
- Bandsaw - manual rigid material cutter
- Startrite Bandsaw - ditto
Drilling, Milling and Poking
- Pillar drill - make holes in stuff
- Arcitype - large experimental 3D CNC mill/router (in Dinky)
- CNCMill - smaller CNC mill/router (Proxxon in Workshop)
- Sewing machines - We've got two interesting ones
- CNC Router - KinetiC-NC CNC Router machine
- A4 laser printer - double-sided monochrome
- A3 ink jet colour printer - use sparingly, has scanner too
- Sticky Label printer - label all the things!
- Ricoh-3110DN-Sublimation-Printer-(Bella) - Produce sublimation printed transfers for t-shirts, mugs, etc.
- Ultimaker - most widely supported printer
- UpCycled - Formerly the Up3dPrinter, but with new electronics.
- MakerbotCupCake - more of a museum piece these days
- RepRapPrusaMendel - quite old but good quality prints and Ming has recently added a Pi to control it. Might be good with flexible filaments
- Consumables: Materials: 3D Printer Filament
Heat (transferring and sticking)
- StripHeater - bend/fold plastic
- Heatpress - imprint vinyl or sublimation transfers on fabric
- Mug Heat Press (Hettie) -imprint sublimation transfers on to mugs
- VacuumFormer - mould plastic over top surface of an object
- Injection moulder - to be used one day
- Glues and solvents - it doesn't create heat or form anything
Misc and Electricals
- ElectronicsEquipment - soldering, meters, and other gadgetry
- Digital Infrastructure - all things virtual
- PC Systems - computers in the workshop
- Microscope - somebody use me!
- Sense 3D scanner - Scan your bust and print it.
For want of a better location for it, there are some details of MaterialsSuppliers here.
Doorbot: How we get in and out of the place
DoES Screen: The display of information next to the door.
Parking advice and how to get here
Waste, recycling and cleaning up: Vacuum cleaner, bin bags, scraps
Pull-up banner: Pull up banner/stand for use at events