Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
IoT Lending Library
IoT Lending Library
The IoT lending library is a DoES resource for use of the DoES maker community
It is located in the DoES workshop and looks like this.
You are free to borrow anything in the drawers to develop, learn or just play, but please return after use so others can have the benefit of this resource.
Checking out and returning items
To check out an item from the lending library please follow this process:
- decide on the item you wish to check out
- locate the QR code sticker on the item. it looks like this:
- scan the QR code with your phone which will open an issue on the DoES lending library page.
If for any reason you can't find the QR code sticker, go to the iot-lending-library space here and create a new issue manually
find the issue on the DoES lending library page here (it will be the newest!).
leave your name on the issue and the reason for borrowing (just because it's interesting!)
If you have a GitHub user associated with DoeS then set yourself as "Assignee".
when you return the item go back to the page and close the issue so we can keep track.
Have fun and let us know what you got up to!
If you have any questions ask Alex Lennon or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What's currently in the Lending Library?
Items on long term loan from Dynamic Devices Ltd
- DD-001 Apachie 3D Virtual Reality Headset
Lots of fun with YouTube 360 degree videos on your mobile phone.
- PG-001 Arduino Uno R3
- JP-001 MagPi DIY AI Kit
- DD-002 PICO-IMX6UL Wandboard
NXP i.MX6 UltraLite based. Runs Android things, embedded Linux
- DD-003 NXP FRDM-KW41Z
NXP Bluetooth BLE development board
- DD-004 CHiP Linux board
The $9 Linux computer - https://getchip.com/pages/chip
- DD-005 Boundary Devices Nitrogen6 Lite
NXP i.MX6 Linux capable board - https://boundarydevices.com/product/nitrogen6_lite
- DD-006 SI Blue Gecko BLE Starter Kit
Bluetooth BLE Development
- DD-007 Intel Galileo
Supports Linux and Arduino emulation - https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/galileo
- DD-008 NXP FRDM-KW40Z Bluetooth DK
Single chip bluetooth DK - http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/hardware-development-tools/freedom-development-boards/nxp-freedom-development-platform-for-kinetis-kw40z-30z-20z-mcus:FRDM-KW40Z
- DD-009 NXP USB-KW40Z BLE Wireless sniffer
Used with DD-008
- DD-010 NXP FRDM-KL26Z KL26Z DK
Low power basic ARM board - http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/hardware-development-tools/freedom-development-boards/freedom-development-platform-for-kinetis-kl16-and-kl26-mcus-up-to-128-kb-flash:FRDM-KL26Z
- DD-011 Adafruit Bluefruit LE friend
USB nRF51822 BLE Sniffer - https://www.adafruit.com/product/2267
- DD-012 Arduino Mega
- DD-013 Arduino Mega 2560
- DD-014 Nordic nRF52 BLE DK
- DD-015 NXP i.MX6Q-SABRESD
NXP Linux/Android Capable Quad Core reference platform
- DD-016 NXP i.MX6 SoloLite DK
- DD-017 BBC Microbit Go Development Kit
- DD-018 BBC Microbit Go Development Kit
- DD-019 BBC Microbit Go Development Kit
- DD-020 BBC Microbit Go Development Kit
- DD-0021 Pocket CHiP
Linux CHiP computer, keyboard and display for you to program!
- DO-001 Estimote Beacons Development Kit
Sensors / IO
DD-101 Neopixel RGB LEDs
DD-102 Ultrasonic Distance Sensors
JG-001 Misc small sensors and microcontrollers in a plastic box
How to add your own items to the Lending Library
- Device on a two character prefix for your contributed items (e.g. DD or JP)
- Determine a code for your item based on this. (e.g. XX-001)
- Add this to the appropriate section of this wiki page above with some descriptive text and links.
- Run the QR Codifier application on the DoES Sophia PC in the workshop.
- Fill in the text fields with the IOTLL title, your item description, and a link of the format given, where XX-001 is replaced with your item code
DoES Liverpool Lending Library
[Your item description]