Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Template Equipment Page
This is the rough template I've been using for wiki pages that describe equipment (mostly in the workshop)
- Check all the links after saving your page, particularly the quick links near the top
- User guides should be stored in
- Issue tracker labels can be found here
|"Name"||company name||model number||room||link||link||link|
Describe to a newbie, in one paragraph or less, what this machine does.
Summarise what it's best suited for, and what alternatives to use for different requirements.
How it works
A brief summary of the key tasks the end-user needs to do to achieve their goal with the machine.
- Optional: Any machine specific specifications that are worth noting.
Optional: Where we got it from and any other relevant historic background.
only required for machines that need booking prior to use
Using the machine
Training required: Explain how/where/when to get it. (delete this block if not applicable)
To use this machine, you'll need to:
- Follow safety precautions
- summary of steps (based on level 3
Step: ...headings below)
Let's get started...
- Workshop Safety
- anything else
Step 1: Whatever
- Do this
- Then this
Step 2: ...
Hints & Tips
You can put hints and tips anywhere in the text, preferably highlighting them in a block like this.
- Any useful tips
- for using the machine
- go here
- Reduce: how to minimise materials used?
- Reuse: can waste be reused?
- Upcycle: can waste be upcycled to something else?
- Recycle: Depending on the material, you might be able to recycle it in the bins near the kitchen.
- Disposal: For any remaining waste, please put it in the workshop bin.
- General: Waste, recycling and cleaning up
If the advice below doesn't solve the problem, please create a new issue to let us know.
how to resolve that issue
- If the machine is broken or needs maintenance, create an issue in the issue tracker (link in Troubleshooting above)
- Label the issue:
- If broken, add
- If maintenance required, add
- If parts or consumables need purchasing, add
- Label the issue:
- where spare parts are stored?
- where to buy spare parts?
- where to buy consumables?
- link to associated things (eg. similar machines, wikipedia, etc)