Template Equipment Page
This is the rough template I've been using for wiki pages that describe equipment (mostly in the workshop)
- Check all the links after saving your page, particularly the quick links near the top
- User guides should be stored in
- Issue tracker labels can be found here
|"Name"||company name||model number||room||link||link||link|
Describe to a newbie, in one paragraph or less, what this machine does.
Summarise what it's best suited for, and what alternatives to use for different requirements.
How it works
A brief summary of the key tasks the end-user needs to do to achieve their goal with the machine.
- Optional: Any machine specific specifications that are worth noting.
Optional: Where we got it from and any other relevant historic background.
only required for machines that need booking prior to use
Using the machine
Training required: Explain how/where/when to get it. (delete this block if not applicable)
To use this machine, you'll need to:
- Follow safety precautions
- summary of steps (based on level 3
Step: ...headings below)
Let's get started...
- Workshop Safety
- anything else
Step 1: Whatever
- Do this
- Then this
Step 2: ...
Hints & Tips
You can put hints and tips anywhere in the text, preferably highlighting them in a block like this.
- Any useful tips
- for using the machine
- go here
- Reduce: how to minimise materials used?
- Reuse: can waste be reused?
- Upcycle: can waste be upcycled to something else?
- Recycle: Depending on the material, you might be able to recycle it in the bins near the kitchen.
- Disposal: For any remaining waste, please put it in the workshop bin.
- General: Waste, recycling and cleaning up
If the advice below doesn't solve the problem, please create a new issue to let us know.
how to resolve that issue
- If the machine is broken or needs maintenance, create an issue in the issue tracker (link in Troubleshooting above)
- Label the issue:
- If broken, add
- If maintenance required, add
- If parts or consumables need purchasing, add
- Label the issue:
- where spare parts are stored?
- where to buy spare parts?
- where to buy consumables?
- link to associated things (eg. similar machines, wikipedia, etc)