Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Before you start
- Check Equipment Operating Status (currently broken)
- Read Workshop Safety before visiting workshop
- Report problems in
- If you want to discuss anything, head over to the Google Group :)
- If the device is connected, it might be filed under Digital Infrastructure
- LaserCutting - read first before using them!
- RolandVinylCutter - cut shapes in to vinyl sheets
- Bandsaw - manual rigid material cutter
- Startrite Bandsaw - ditto
Drilling, Milling and Poking
- Pillar drill - make holes in stuff
- Arcitype - large experimental 3D CNC mill/router (in Dinky)
- CNCMill - smaller CNC mill/router (Proxxon in Workshop)
- Sewing machines - We've got two interesting ones
- CNC Router - KinetiC-NC CNC Router machine
- A4 laser printer - double-sided monochrome
- A3 ink jet colour printer - use sparingly, has scanner too
- Sticky Label printer - label all the things!
- Sublimation Printer (Bella) - Produce sublimation printed transfers for t-shirts, mugs, etc.
- Ultimaker - most widely supported printer
- Up3dPrinter - easy to use for beginners
- MakerbotCupCake - more of a museum piece these days
- RepRapPrusaMendel - quite old but good quality prints and Ming has recently added a Pi to control it. Might be good with flexible filaments
- Consumables: Materials: 3D Printer Filament
- StripHeater - bend/fold plastic
- Heatpress - imprint vinyl or sublimation transfers on fabric
- Mug Heat Press (Hettie) -imprint sublimation transfers on to mugs
- VacuumFormer - mould plastic over top surface of an object
- Injection moulder - to be used one day
- Glues and solvents - it doesn't create heat or form anything
- ElectronicsEquipment - soldering, meters, and other gadgetry
- PC Systems - computers in the workshop
- For want of a better location for it, there are some details of MaterialsSuppliers here.
- Doorbot: How we get in and out of the place
- DoES Screen: The display of information next to the door.
- Coffeebot: Check the coffee pot stock levels.
- Parking advice and how to get here
- Toaster and Egg Steamer Quick instructions.
- Waste, recycling and cleaning up: Vacuum cleaner, bin bags, scraps
- Pull-up banner: Pull up banner/stand for use at events
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.