Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Friday 10th January - 5:30 - 6:30pm
Attendees: SteveSparrow, PaulFreeman, MarkReddbridge, JohnMcKerrell, JerethCormack, HakimCassimally, AdrianMcEwen. Via Google Hangout - PatrickFenner, AndyGoodwin
Review of/actions from last meeting
- AndyGoodwin to share first draft of DoES guidebook. Carry over. Will share end of Jan.
- Technician-in-Residence - Still need to announce! SteveSparrow to take action on it.
- Renew TiR. Renewed for another 6 months.
- Patrick to summarize his paid technician idea in an email to organisers.
- HakimCassimally to take photos of PatrickFenner and arrange writing of blog post to introduce Patrick. Carried over.
- PaulFreeman to set up ticketing system for emails. Done (actually PatrickFenner did it).
- Some discussion about SupportBee and Asana
- JohnMcKerrell to find a way to account (in the prediction spreadsheet) for renting out Dinky
- He's added a tab to the spreadsheet
- Steve to announce to announce to community about taking on an administrator about plans and needing two desks to cover the cost
- Done, cover admin stuff in a moment.
- JohnMcKerrell to talk to Neil about Jelly to find out more about whether it's ending or not
- Done. Jelly is continuing so done.
- Generally okay. 2 new residents. £425/month profit. £170/month avg hot-desk income
- Steve gave basic overview for newcomers
- Mark outlined details from document he shared earlier
- Possibly his company providing stuff as outlined in the "service spec" section
- Would then lead on to him being able to volunteer more time (as he'd be in the office more) towards marketing, booking out rent room, etc.
- Brief interruption for laser-cutter support :-) Hakim ducked out to sort it, the John
- Maybe Mark's offer would be a transitional point to an administrator.
- PatrickFenner and SteveSparrow to review Mark's proposal.
- Short meeting to decide 12:30pm 31st Jan about Mark and/or administrator
Radar and Events Groups
- Steve gave general overview of radar and events group.
- Meetup.com has helped on getting people along to events, has reduced some of the overhead.
- Paul is using Startup Group as a testbed for documenting how other people should run events, and also looking to other organisers to discuss things
- Events aren't going to be on a separate mailing list, will be on the main DoES mailing list until traffic gets too high
- This is the last meeting of Organisation which includes stuff from the radar and events groups.
- Need to work out (and ensure) communication between Radar Group and Organisers Group
- AdrianMcEwen to ensure there's a Radar Group meeting before next Organisers meeting
Determine if the big laser requires a surcharge to use.
- Suggestion that it's £2/day surcharge on using the Big Laser cutter
- Even if it's a cake day
- Marketing could be much better (as ever :-)
- Debate as to whether you should be able to get laser-cutting for cake, but no clear consensus
PatrickFenner to suggest better signs, process, etc. to improve safety procedures in the workshop
Upcoming Big Events
- Dart Flight School (22nd, 23rd Feb)
- Paul wasn't expecting it to be big, but it's becoming quite a big event.
- Bringing some people in from outside the usual crowd
- Likely to use both Dinky and the workshop.
- BarCamp Liverpool 2014 (tbc)
- Later in the year. Too big to fit in DoES. Paul just giving us a headsup and looking for help
- Open IoT Hackathon (tbc, probably March)
- JD and AdrianMcEwen planning it, not much detail next.
- PatrickFenner to apply for MakerFaireUK
- Dart Flight School (22nd, 23rd Feb)
Confirm time and date of next meeting
- 11th April 2014, 5:30pm
JohnMcKerrell still enjoy^h on his paternity leave