An assembler for x86.
Note: For any questions or anything of the like feel free to create either an Issue or email me at the address listed on my profile.
- Will require python (version 3) installed globally
- premake5 (not required for Windows - for Windows premake5 is bundled with the repo)
- A C++11 compiler (only tested with MSVC as of Visual Studio 2017 so far).
- Clone the repository
- You probably want to be on the
v3branch (that's where development is happening currently).
- Follow the instructions for your platform (detailed below).
cb premaketo generate the Visual Studio Project Files.
(Command Line) Run
cb buildto build the project.
(Command Line) The project can then be run by calling the
asmbatch file with your arguments
asm -s input_file.asm ...
(Visual Studio) Open the project files in visual studio
(Visual Studio) Set the
cCompiler-asproject as the startup project.
(Visual Studio) Build & Run as normal from visual studio.
It is recommnded to use the command line approach (aka using the
cbbuild utility script)
cbcommand line reference
cb premakeRun premake and generate Visual Studio project files as well as running some python code generation.
cb buildInvoke msbuild and build the project
cb testRun the unit test suite (
cb buildwill build the tests)
cb devenvOpen Visual Studio
cb cleanDelete the build folder as well as all Visual Studio project files.
- todo: fill this in
- todo: fill this in.