A GUI tool written in Python and Qt to configure and analyze different servo motors (mainly the ones made by Robotis, INC). It's primary aim was to provide a cross platform tool running on Linux, OSX and Windows. Besides offering an overview of the connected servo motors and their current configuration in a table view it provides a 2D plot to visualize motor data.
sudo apt-get install python-serial python-qwt5-qt4
- run 'python src/ServoTool.py'
- select the correct protocol, port and baudrate
- usually 'RobotisServo', '/dev/ttyUSB0' and '57600'
- click the 'Read All' button which will connect to serial, scan for servos and read all data from them
- you should see all connected servos in the table view and can edit their data
- if it does not work check the log view on the bottom for errors